2nd gtx 970 vs ps4 which one should i get

ImRyan

PS4.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Are there any exclusives on the PS4 you want to play?  (and warrant buying a console just to play that game)

If not, then get another GPU.  Though I do like RaptorCandy's suggestion better.  Sell your current 970 and purchase a 980 Ti.  One single card is always better than 2 cards in SLI or CF due to some games not supporting it.

why a ps4?

Because if you already own a 970, which is still an amazing GPU, a PS4 can offer you the ability to play exclusives and other games that can be enjoyed with friends/family. Plus it is nice to relax on a sofa with a controller in front your tv instead of in a chair, with a mouse and keyboard, staring at a monitor.

But if there aren't many exclusives you are interested in or any friends to play with, then it probably wouldn't be wise to get the PS4.

edit

spazzing out, sorry about that

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i'm gonna pich a crazy idea here.

i fished off your profile your display is a "Some Random 32 inch 1080p Samsung TV"

buy a 1440p IPS display perhaps?

save the money or spend it on games, maybe a better screen.

970 has like twice the power you could ever need(today).

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder