980 ti or wait for Pascal?

MartyG

Hello, My Current Setup is , Asus x99-Deluxe, i7-5820k, ddr4 corsair 2600ish and gtx 970 G1, my GPU is only 3-4 months old so I think I can still sell it after I get my 980 Ti.

Not planing to play on 4k, but I need the extra frames 980 Ti will give me in Overwatch ( the New blizzard game ) the 970 G1 can bring me the 144fps +, but not on good quality settings.

I'll be gaming only on 1080p for now since I am competitive shooter player and It's a nightmare to play on higher resolution than that. In CS:GO I play 1280x960 (Stretched)

Also I want to buy the GPU today since it's black friday. 

I liked those cards so far -

Inno3D Hybrid Black Edition. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno3d-geforce-gtx-980ti-hybrid-black-edition-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-c98tp-1sdn-n5h-gx-057-in.html This one has big discount

MSI Lightning

Zotac AMP Extreme - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zotac-geforce-gtx-980ti-amp-extreme-edition-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-zt-90505-10p-gx-091-zt.html Also good discount 

All the cards offer - Siege which will save me around 50 bucks since I wanted to buy that game anyway.

The Hall of Fame KFA2 will fit my case perfectly , since it's white.. but it has only 2 years warranty and I had bad experience with the Gigabyte gpu's in that case I wouldn't buy Gigabyte this time.

If you know any other good 980 Ti that came out with good clocks out of the box I'd be glad to take a look at it ^^

Ok, English is not my first language maybe you didn't understand me.

I meant that.. the KFA2 has only 2 years warranty, which is low for me since my Gigabyte 670 broke after 2 years and few months without OCing

That all depends on your budget in my opinion. With Pascal having leaked to be released in Q1 or Q2 of next year I say wait. Personally that's what I'm doing. If you have 600-750 bucks on hand either wait for Pascal to release to snipe one of those or just have the benefit of the price dropping on the 980ti because of the new cards. I'm running a 970SSC from EVGA and I was able to play CS:GO and Overwatch maxed out. If you really want to squeeze a bit more try MSI Afterburner and overclock your card a bit. 

The Gigabyte G1 980ti tops the air cooled GPU benchmarks, so I would recommend that one. Ive heard bad stuff of Zotac's GPUs. EVGA's Kingpin card is an overclocking champ, but it'll cost you. If you can, I'd recommend getting a water cooled card like the EVGA hybrid or the MSI Sea Hawk. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

Well, Overwatch is not yet released, so you can wait for pascal as well.

Both of them are heavyweight GPU's, if you want to enjoy your competitive first person shoter games NOW, go for one 980Ti. Evga came with good clocks out of box.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

The MSI Gaming card has a good price/performance ratio since it also overclocks quite well.

who cares...

That all depends on your budget in my opinion. With Pascal having leaked to be released in Q1 or Q2 of next year I say wait. Personally that's what I'm doing. If you have 600-750 bucks on hand either wait for Pascal to release to snipe one of those or just have the benefit of the price dropping on the 980ti because of the new cards. I'm running a 970SSC from EVGA and I was able to play CS:GO and Overwatch maxed out. If you really want to squeeze a bit more try MSI Afterburner and overclock your card a bit. 

I can sell my 970 G1 right now for 325 euro which I think is a  good price. If I wait for the Pascal I wouldn't be able to sell it for such amount. Also I think the 980 Ti will give me everything I need for 1080p gaming, heard that the Pascal is more into 4k.

Well, Overwatch is not yet released, so you can wait for pascal as well.

Both of them are heavyweight GPU's, if you want to enjoy your competitive first person shoter games NOW go for one 980Ti. Evga came with good clocks out of box.

I am into the beta now so I have to get the best performance earlier. I think 980 Ti will fit my needs for that game. 

I can sell my 970 G1 right now for 325 euro which I think is a  good price. If I wait for the Pascal I wouldn't be able to sell it for such amount. Also I think the 980 Ti will give me everything I need for 1080p gaming, heard that the Pascal is more into 4k.

Ah. Well I saw jump the gun with it. And man computer parts are cutthroat outside of NA. My suggestion is Zotac just because its a brand that I know and trust.

imo wait because HBM and full dx12 support

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

imo wait because HBM and full dx12 support

I think my game doesn't support Dx12, so sadly I don't need it I guess? 

Hello, My Current Setup is , Asus x99-Deluxe, i7-5820k, ddr4 corsair 2600ish and gtx 970 G1, my GPU is only 3-4 months old so I think I can still sell it after I get my 980 Ti.

Wait since you already have a 970. Sure a 980ti is better than a 970, but not to the point of being a worthy upgrade.

I think my game doesn't support Dx12, so sadly I don't need it I guess?

you are only going to play 1 game until the end of time?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

you are only going to play 1 game until the end of time?

Yes I am professional Quake 3 ex-champion , moved to Counter-Strike competitive scene and now getting into Overwatch since it's new and promising. I don't play games such as Far Cry / Crisis / Fallout etc. Single player games.

My needs with that GPU is to feed my 144hz monitor for smoothness in-game.

Yes I am professional Quake 3 ex-champion , moved to Counter-Strike competitive scene and now getting into Overwatch since it's new and promising. I don't play games such as Far Cry / Crisis / Fallout etc. Single player games.

My needs with that GPU is to feed my 144hz monitor for smoothness in-game.

Well the simple fact you are picking up a newly released game says all I need to hear on the subject.

System Specs

Well the simple fact you are picking up a newly released game says all I need to hear on the subject.

I Think it will do the job for Epic settings and 144hz smoothness. Blizzard is good in Optimization I heard

I am into the beta now so I have to get the best performance earlier. I think 980 Ti will fit my needs for that game. 

The 980Ti can fit many games lol.

Yes, OW is going to be the new ''LoL'' of shooters.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Personally I'm waiting for Pascal since I figure even if Pascal isn't a massive leap in performance the prices on the 900 series should drop a decent amount.

I'm still wondering which 980 Ti.

Zotacs amp!extreme is a monster and will laugh at anything you throw at it. 5 year warranty if you register it on zotac.com

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO