Best Coolant For Custom Loop??

cpuxtech

Looking at getting a XSPC Raystorm Kit or a custom loop, either way I really like the pump res combo that comes with the Raystorm 750 RS240....

/// I really really like the Nanoxia UV Blue HyperZero but I am wondering if there is any other coolant people would reccommend to me at all.. So far what I see from this coolant is really ___good, I like the Fluid XP+ Ultra, becfause of its non conductivity and its buildup of gunk and algae supression( I am getting biocide also) but yea...

/// Dont care for Mayhem's Aurora fluid bcause of the swirly like shampoo sort of look, and I heard that it is bad for bay resevoirs anyways...

/// Phobya ZuperZero is neat too, seems really nice but am not sure how i like how it is clear on regular light and blue/UV color under ONLY UV lights...Don;t think I wanna buy more lights.

Please let me know what you guys think of these options as well as reccommend or suggest others to what you think is good, really appreciate it thanks!

Mayhems Dye, Coolant is the best coolant IMO (except Aurora). It has biocides, corrosion inhibitors etc. Also does not stain, Using Mayhems Pastel White right now.

I reckon coloured tubing and clear coolant is best. The dye in coloured coolant can build up inside your components after a while.

Mayhems is probably the best coolant by far. Although the "Aurora" stuff, is for shows and so on and is not made for 24/7 use. But either "Pastel" or "Clear" will be fine for about anything.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Not a fan of Mayhems Dyes or Biocide Extreme. It clouded my tubing within a week of using it (I tried different combinations of dye, biocide and tubing brand but nothing stopped it clouding except from not using either :p).

I reckon coloured tubing and clear coolant is best. The dye in coloured coolant can build up inside your components after a while.
But apparently the Mahmens dye won't do that which I am trying to figurfe out if that is true or not

Not a fan of Mayhems Dyes or Biocide Extreme. It clouded my tubing within a week of using it (I tried different combinations of dye, biocide and tubing brand but nothing stopped it clouding except from not using either :p).
I was actually hoping for a reply from you BCMods, Ive seen your posts lol. Do you think PrimoChill uv blue would be good?

Because my main debatable setups are

1.) PrimoChill Clear w/ Colored TUbing(Cant get the exact tint I want though)( I kind of want to stay away from this one)

2.) PrinoChill Clear w/ Mayhems Dye( I hear its not good to mix different branded supplements but idk, and mayems is supposed to not gunk anything up at all)(but you say that it has clouded up your system...)

3.)Mayhems coolant, no dye, and get like pastel or something like that...though I am not sure how much I like the solid opaque color.

I was actually hoping for a reply from you BCMods, Ive seen your posts lol. Do you think PrimoChill uv blue would be good?

Because my main debatable setups are

1.) PrimoChill Clear w/ Colored TUbing(Cant get the exact tint I want though)( I kind of want to stay away from this one)

2.) PrinoChill Clear w/ Mayhems Dye( I hear its not good to mix different branded supplements but idk, and mayems is supposed to not gunk anything up at all)(but you say that it has clouded up your system...)

3.)Mayhems coolant, no dye, and get like pastel or something like that...though I am not sure how much I like the solid opaque color.

I also like the look of Mayhems X1 coolant.....iidk if its good though...I realize performance is going to not even vary at all between liquids for the most part, so I just want something that will be the cleanest and easiest on my rig.

You were probably very unlucky BCMods. Mayhems stuff is completely fine if you read about it on his site.

You once told me about this so I contacted mayhems and a few other people as well as asking around on other forums and you are the only person with this bad experience.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Now I just seem to be going back and forth from PrimoChill Ice Intensified Blue vs Mayhems X1 UV Blue

Mayhems Dye, Coolant is the best coolant IMO (except Aurora). It has biocides, corrosion inhibitors etc. Also does not stain, Using Mayhems Pastel White right now.
I second this, Mayhems makes the the coolant.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

When you say PrimoChill UV Blue, do you mean tubing or coolant?

1) Don't pay extra for clear coolant. Buy either DI or distilled water from your local garage. I used to hate the idea of coloured tubing but i recently bought some UV green from XSPC and it looks awesome!

2) Again, don't pay extra for clear coolant. You already know my views on Mayhems Dyes. I took my CPU waterblock apart the other day and found some nasty black gunk around the o-ring. Whether or not Mayhems Dye caused this is debatable, but i have my suspicions.

3) Mayhems coolants uses Mayhems Dyes, although I've got a friend who used blue Pastel for a while with no issues. I'll find out what tubing she used for you :)

From what i've read, Mayhems X1 is just Mayhems Ultra Pure H20 (Mick from Mayhems sent me some of this to see if it solved my clouding issue, which it didn't and from what i can tell it is exactly the same as water you'd buy from a garage, just made by Mayhems and therefore branded suitably) mixed with Mayhems Dye, so i wouldn't personally use it.

Ghost, please read Xander89's post:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708214

A quick google search will show you i'm not the only one with the issue, especially when using Mayhems Biocide.

At the end of the day if i was in your situation i would simply stick with DI/Distilled water, coloured tubing and a silver coil or two.

A note to everyone reading this:

I have no problem with Michael Wood or Mayhems. I admire how far Mick has got and hopefully my posts as well as other with similar experiences can help him to create one of, if not the best coolants and dyes on the market. I am simply stating MY personal experiences to try and help others.

I think mayhems is well regarded as the best. Any brand you go to will have its share of bad reviews. Thus is chemistry, mix enough things together and something is bound to go wrong.

Not an expert, this is just my personal experiance.

Been running my loop for 18 months with NO discoloration whatsoever (I have clear tubing so any biological buildup would be very easily noticable), I'm using Thermochill EC6 clear.

I would go with mayhems x1 clear but I'm sure other brands are fine.

I can't seem to find a good brand of clear tubing for size 13/10mm (they're all awful with primochill and tygon being the worst I tested) as they all cloud, so now I just run black tubing with clear x1 premix.

aside:

Dyes don't build up in blocks rofl. how much powder do people think is in dye? and you put like 2 drops into the loop LOL. It's not magicing out of nowhere and blocking people's blocks. It's either plasticiser or organic growth dyed by the dye that clogs blocks.

I can't seem to find a good brand of clear tubing for size 13/10mm (they're all awful with primochill and tygon being the worst I tested) as they all cloud, so now I just run black tubing with clear x1 premix.

aside:

Dyes don't build up in blocks rofl. how much powder do people think is in dye? and you put like 2 drops into the loop LOL. It's not magicing out of nowhere and blocking people's blocks. It's either plasticiser or organic growth dyed by the dye that clogs blocks.

MasterKleer make good clear tubing.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

aside:

Your last statement is complete bs.

Dyes do break down and dyes do clog blocks given enough time. If you think they don't then you're wrong.

Use google my friend.

I've had to word this a lot differently to how i would have liked, i've already been warned once for calling someone a moron hahah

Been running my loop for 18 months with NO discoloration whatsoever (I have clear tubing so any biological buildup would be very easily noticable), I'm using Thermochill EC6 clear.

Any gunk in water block/ pump or res? if you are able to check...

aside:

Yeah lol, you may put only one drop in, but using your eyes you can see that the dye does spread everywhere in the loop(fulfilling its goal). And yes they break down and can gunk up loops, I imagine it is more likely for this to happen if you mix it with another brand of coolant or something, but still.

Any temp change, signifying a buildup or somethign?

aside:

A tiny amount of powder does not turn into a hulk of gunk in a block, fizix lololo

I have used masterkleer clear tubing and it clouds.

aside:

All tubing clouds over time...

You're digging yourself a hole here mate xD

The answer to this is simple: Distilled Water.

In saying this, I know people will disagree with me because it can cause corrosion and mold/bacteria can grow etc...

But for pure temperatures, distilled water will be your best bet. Other coolants don't have as good of a thermal conductivity as water, but distilled water doesn't have things such as corrosion prevention or an anti-bacterial/algae solution. It's up to you whether you want to use a coolant or simply distilled water.

The answer to this is simple: Distilled Water.

In saying this, I know people will disagree with me because it can cause corrosion and mold/bacteria can grow etc...

But for pure temperatures, distilled water will be your best bet. Other coolants don't have as good of a thermal conductivity as water, but distilled water doesn't have things such as corrosion prevention or an anti-bacterial/algae solution. It's up to you whether you want to use a coolant or simply distilled water.

If you do it right then you won't have any problems with algae. Distilled water + kill coil :)