Stuttering and lagging Help please!

danielhowk

Hi, my current problem. when i start up my pc everything is fine, browsing the internet is fine. but when i on application like Starcraft 2, Tree of savior. just on and immediately quitting the programme. everything on my desktop seems laggy. stuttering (like low fps).

my current pc specs: z170 hero, i7 6700k, msi lightning 980ti, super flower 850w gold leadex, samsung 850 evo 500 GB, G skill trident z ddr4 16GB (8gb x 2) 3200mhz. windows 7 pro 64bit.

if anyone can help me out it be great. theres a ticking noise from my power supply, when i on and off my pc. today i RMA it for a new one but the problems still exist.

Drivers installed? Also check your pagefile and run Memtest.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Uninstall drivers with DDU (click set basic drivers to default before clicking uninstall and restart) and install them again. I had a similar problem and this fixed it for me.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Drivers installed? Also check your pagefile and run Memtest.

Uninstall drivers with DDU (click set basic drivers to default before clicking uninstall and restart) and install them again. I had a similar problem and this fixed it for me.

did memtest, and the results was 100% , 0 errors.

what should i try next?

did memtest, and the results was 100% , 0 errors.

what should i try next?

Next two things I would do are reinstall/repair install to check if its OS related and then blame drives.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Next two things I would do are reinstall/repair install to check if its OS related and then blame drives.

ok its a new pc, so im just worried that my computer parts are faulty. is it just software? any hardware will cause lag like this?

ok its a new pc, so im just worried that my computer parts are faulty. is it just software? any hardware will cause lag like this?

Drives are another possibility. When they hit bad part of memory it causes instability. Does it do same with stress tests?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Drives are another possibility. When they hit bad part of memory it causes instability. Does it do same with stress tests?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9457465

done with 3dmark, no stuttering or lag after. is there a way to test my SSD if its faulty?

so far ive tested Ram,Cpu,Gpu and i change PSU with a new one. so left with SSD and mobo not sure if i can test motherboard,

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9457465

done with 3dmark, no stuttering or lag after. is there a way to test my SSD if its faulty?

so far ive tested Ram,Cpu,Gpu and i change PSU with a new one. so left with SSD and mobo not sure if i can test motherboard,

Install software to SSD and run it from there. I would really recommend doing reinstall if nothing else is working. It can be mobo too, but like you said, it really hard to test.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Install software to SSD and run it from there. I would really recommend doing reinstall if nothing else is working. It can be mobo too, but like you said, it really hard to test.

im only having a single SSD. you mean like samsung magician?

currently going to uninstall all drivers and reinstall them

"Uninstall drivers with DDU (click set basic drivers to default before clicking uninstall and restart) and install them again"

im only having a single SSD. you mean like samsung magician?

currently going to uninstall all drivers and reinstall them

"Uninstall drivers with DDU (click set basic drivers to default before clicking uninstall and restart) and install them again"

Oh, sorry. I thought you had another drive where programs where. NVM that. Then only problematic ones are OS and mobo. So if you have same thing after OS reinstall, it must be mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oh, sorry. I thought you had another drive where programs where. NVM that. Then only problematic ones are OS and mobo. So if you have same thing after OS reinstall, it must be mobo.

alright, is there a way to test ssd? like benchmark? like memtest for ram, 3dmark for gpu.

i did DDU is not working, still stuttering

alright, is there a way to test ssd? like benchmark? like memtest for ram, 3dmark for gpu.

CrystalDiskInfo/Mark is only I know http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html . But in general running software from it can cause things. And since its new piece, it can be manufacturing error.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

CrystalDiskInfo/Mark is only I know http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html . But in general running software from it can cause things. And since its new piece, it can be manufacturing error.

Sonic studio 2, after i exit the icon from bottom right taskbar. everything was smooth again..

how do i remove that bad software

Sonic studio 2, after i exit the icon from bottom right taskbar. everything was smooth again..

how do i remove that bad software

Looks like its bundle software for mobo. Can you see it in Remove Software menu? (Control Panel)

3rd party uninstaller might do the trick. I've used IObits but there are others. CCleaner has tool for that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Looks like its bundle software for mobo. Can you see it in Remove Software menu? (Control Panel)

3rd party uninstaller might do the trick. I've used IObits but there are others. CCleaner has tool for that.

thank you for all the help, i truly appreciate your help and time. hope to repay you someday:)

thank you for all the help, i truly appreciate your help and time. hope to repay you someday:)

Np. I'm just glad it was software issue in the end. Sending mobo to RMA would be worst thing to happen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv