SLI Compatibility

Topkek
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Yes. 

As long as the cards have the same GPU and the same amount of vRAM, they are compatible. Brands can be mixed. 

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Asuna (My Laptop): Razer Blade Stealth

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Yes. 

As long as the cards have the same GPU and the same amount of vRAM, they are compatible. Brands can be mixed. 

It'd look sooo much better to get the exact same model card.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

yes they will both work, but remember that using sli might not work with all games you might try to run on the system.

It would look ugly af, but yes they are compatible.

I disagree, the colors match fine.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

i would have both as the gaming card, but when i purchased the the non gaming model, I was unaware that MSi made gaming cards when i purchased it, so I decided to get the gaming card now for christmas and use the gaming card as my primary card and use the non gaming card as my SLI card

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD