cant OC my monitor...

Bananasplit_00

i folowed the video that i got posted on how to do it in the first place but it dosent even seem to allow a 1hz increase witch i find strange, am i doing something wrong or can it just not overclock, i went into the NVIDIA control panel and created a custom resolution, put it at first 75Hz didnt work so i put it at 70, still nothing and the same with 65 and 61Hz same thing every time about it not being able to do it, i did it to both of my monitors my shitty 4:3 and my nice 27" 1080p but i didnt mater exact same thing so it feels strange that the would be pushed to the max from the factory. right now i have my G1 970 conected by HDMI to my nice monitor and my other monitor through DVI, any help/ feedback would be nice

*edit*

just found a 75hz profile for my shitty monitor, that works great for it, still no over nor underclocking of the main one tho :/

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Not all will go to 75. One of the my monitors goes to 75 the other one does work with 61

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Not all will go to 75. One of the my monitors goes to 75 the other one does work with 61

but not even 1hz is strange to me, i thougt at least 5hz or something :/

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

^ This, one of mine maxes at 66Hz, another at 75Hz, then one does upto 95Hz...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

if you have 1080p 60Hz, you cant get 1080p 75Hz, you might get 720p 75Hz (or so)

OCing a Monitor is useless because you only get 15 more Hz which is not very noticeable

he says nothing about an error, just that the monitor will black screen, mine straight up tells me that the resolution isnt suported by the monitor, flickers black and goes back to normal...

Builds:

Spoiler

Monitors are not made to be overclocked, so you really just have to see what your monitor is capable of.

Mine will go up to 85hz, but skips frames at anything above 60hz...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

he says nothing about an error, just that the monitor will black screen, mine straight up tells me that the resolution isnt suported by the monitor, flickers black and goes back to normal...

So the monitor dosent do anything weird? its just the nvidia control panel saying that its not supported?

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Monitors are not made to be overclocked, so you really just have to see what your monitor is capable of.

Mine will go up to 85hz, but skips frames at anything above 60hz...

well did yours throw an error like mine or does it just black screen when you go to high?

Builds:

Spoiler

So the monitor dosent do anything weird? its just the nvidia control panel saying that its not supported?

yes, then the monitor flickers off for a second, always my main monitor even when i try with the second one

Builds:

Spoiler

that mean his monitor cant OC that high

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

that mean his monitor cant OC that high

at 1 more hz? also hapens when i try to under clock it

Builds:

Spoiler

yeah probably

but it has a built in profile thats the same but 1hz underclocked, why do i get the same error when i try to under clock it to be like the second profile?

Builds:

Spoiler

but it has a built in profile thats the same but 1hz underclocked, why do i get the same error when i try to under clock it to be like the second profile?

It should be fine if you are under-clocking it. Try a fresh install of the latest drivers, and check if the error goes away.

You can also use evga precision x for overclocking the monitor, so it would be worth giving that a shot.