Best gaming monitor under $800.

Bart69Rich

I was waiting for the new ROG swift 9q....but I'm seeing horrible reviews on the panel.....what is the best gaming monitor currently available or within next month?

What are your specs? The best monitor is probably like 1440p 144hz ultrawide that your rig probably cant even take advantage of.

What are you looking for out of this monitor? USB hub? Refresh Rate? Resolution? Screen Size?

'The best' monitor is a very subjective thing.

I payed 750€ + 50€ warranty upgrade for the Acer xb270hu. IPS 27" 1440p 144hz gsync .

Perfect for Gaming if you use Team Green..

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Honestly I would still wait a bit or if you cant wait just get the pg279q now.  In my own opinion its worth the gamble if you buy from a reputable store that allows returns. I mean worst case you get a shit monitor, return it, get your money back, buy something ells or try again.  Best case you get a perfect monitor and then realize you almost passed this monitor up because of bad reviews.  Dont get me wrong the bad reviews are deserving but what Im trying to say is dont get your hopes up and more then likely expect to have to return.  

I my self dont mind taking risks so will be buying one after the dust settles regardless if there is improvement in QC or not.   

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Honestly I would still wait a bit or if you cant wait just get the pg279q now.  In my own opinion its worth the gamble if you buy from a reputable store that allows returns. I mean worst case you get a shit monitor, return it, get your money back, buy something ells or try again.  Best case you get a perfect monitor and then realize you almost passed this monitor up because of bad reviews.  Dont get me wrong the bad reviews are deserving but what Im trying to say is dont get your hopes up and more then likely expect to have to return.  

I my self dont mind taking risks so will be buying one after the dust settles regardless if there is improvement in QC or not.   

This is where I kinda am right now....But Im sitting on Fallout 4 and Assasin's Creed...after just building my rig and my monitor is seriously lame....I really want the pg279q...but I was hoping to find some alternative....frustrated also because it isnt available yet as far as i know in the U.S.

What are your specs? The best monitor is probably like 1440p 144hz ultrawide that your rig probably cant even take advantage of.

What are you looking for out of this monitor? USB hub? Refresh Rate? Resolution? Screen Size?

'The best' monitor is a very subjective thing.

Such a naysayer LOL....Im pretty sure my rig can run it...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/484064-build-log-the-payoffskylake-build/#entry6493447

Im thinking 27" ...Ive seen the 34" curved and I dont want to spend $1300.00   .....

The thing is this. If you buy a pg279q you most likely WILL get major IPS glow. SO dark screens will never really look dark. You either accept that and buy it anyway, or don't. Its stupid to buy it then act shocked when that's what you get. It is an inherent flaw of this monitor. How big a problem it is, is subjective. Id have to see it in person to know if it would bother me, but people should expect it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB