Static Electricity and Grounded USB Mousepad

iamdarkyoshi

So as some of you may know, I have a USB powered mousepad. I am not joking. It has a metal frame, and this frame is grounded to the USB port. Whenever I sit down (house is dry) I shock the mousepad and it causes all of my USB devices to "restart"

The PC keeps going fine, its just that the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive for a bit. Why would this be freaking out the PC? The USB shield is grounded to the PC chassis...

Windows plays the "device disconnect" sound a couple times when this happens. Ideas? The PC itself more than likely grounded though at least one of the things plugged into it (not sure if my power cable is still grounded, but I know my monitor is)

USB Powered Mouse Pad, that just blew my mind.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s