Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans

4960X

I feel bad for you son. They're like $30 for a pack of two here.

I know, I see them on eBay and Amazon all the time.  :(

What's the difference if I might ask?

Some move more air than others, some are able to produce more pressure than others, some are quieter than others, some can work in extreme situations other would not, some have intrusion protection others don't...

Saying a 30$ fan does the same as a 5$ one is the same as saying a Titan X does the same as a 750ti.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3

What's the difference if I might ask?

Usually optimised airflow for different applications (such as static pressure vs air flow), max rated rpm, and db level of operation. 

Do ppl ignore or just fail to understand the INDUSTRIAL 24v part of this? because if you are using them anywhere inside your house they arent made for you... Noctua already made fans for you in their standard and redux lines... These fans are for use in areas that have dust and water go back and watch Linus's video on the first set of industrial fans remember how they even worked after being submerged? these are to be used in setting where a failure that stops equiptment cost WAY more (think powers of 10) the 35$ a fan. Think about it along the lines of enterprise grade HDDs and SSDs or even power supplies. Noctua did not have you and your wallet or your "all-prais-gaiben-battlestation" in mind when they made this. They have less expensive fans for that they come in grey and brown and if you dont like that you can get the linus edition black ones also.

You mean taking the idea Linus already did

Well, yes, but....but...but...I thought of it first.

I've had the external rad idea for a while, but never got around to doing it. At least mine will have a higher probability of working, as it's only one pc, not a ludicrous multi pc super loop.

Stop complaining about the price. It's not intended to cool your shitty gaming computer. It is intended for critical server applications where a high degree of cooling and low failure rate is required.

Take a few minutes to realize the world does not revolve around you and your limited perspective.

This post front page please.  

Honestly couldn't give a crap.

These fans are insanely overpriced and redundant, considering there are cheaper alternatives everywhere else (you don't need an industrial fan to be quiet and Noctua knows it - so it begs the question - why buy them at all when there are just as durable, cheaper alternatives elsewhere?)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Do ppl ignore or just fail to understand the INDUSTRIAL 24v part of this? because if you are using them anywhere inside your house they arent made for you... Noctua already made fans for you in their standard and redux lines... These fans are for use in areas that have dust and water go back and watch Linus's video on the first set of industrial fans remember how they even worked after being submerged? these are to be used in setting where a failure that stops equiptment cost WAY more (think powers of 10) the 35$ a fan. Think about it along the lines of enterprise grade HDDs and SSDs or even power supplies. Noctua did not have you and your wallet or your "all-prais-gaiben-battlestation" in mind when they made this. They have less expensive fans for that they come in grey and brown and if you dont like that you can get the linus edition black ones also.

Yeah. People keep forgetting that these fans are IP rated and have more sophisticated motors. They're overkill for consumer systems.

Some move more air than others, some are able to produce more pressure than others, some are quieter than others, some can work in extreme situations other would not, some have intrusion protection others don't...

Saying a 30$ fan does the same as a 5$ one is the same as saying a Titan X does the same as a 750ti.

Usually optimised airflow for different applications (such as static pressure vs air flow), max rated rpm, and db level of operation. 

Woooooow you both missed the point of my post.

Yeah. People keep forgetting that these fans are IP rated and have more sophisticated motors. They're overkill for consumer systems.

Most enthusiast hardware is overkill for consumers.  If you don't think the majority of these fans will be in enthusiast PCs you are kidding yourself.

Most enthusiast hardware is overkill for consumers.  If you don't think the majority of these fans will be in enthusiast PCs you are kidding yourself.

Oh shut up. While the enthusiast PC market may have eclipsed the consumer PC market, that doesn't change the fact that neither of those are the target market for these fans. How many systems do you see with Delta fans? You want to argue that most of those are in enthusiast PCs? Enthusiast hardware is not anything special; it's just consumer hardware with color schemes.

Very nice. Pricing justify the intended purpose of industrial environment. I do have two extra 120mm ippc I'm trying to get rid of for half pric unless ofc, if switch to AIO.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

if they have more static pressure and are quieter than the nf12 ill take 20 of them.

Why are people mad at the price wasn't the Linus fans $30 on release?

Why are people mad at the price wasn't the Linus fans $30 on release?

those were limited edition but people seem to glance over the fact that these are made for industrial use. if you water loop leaked and fried your pc these fans would prob be the only thing left that works.