K70 or K70 RGB?

SnipingBow

I tink I will go with brown.

The K70 is currently on sale 110 $ CAD (maybe idk its normal price, since its 160$ on amazon) : http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=274&item_id=069280

Question is should I get the RBG? Those lights tho  :o  :unsure: It's a 90$ difference. Or should I just wait for the RBG to go on sale (maybe it will?).

I tink I will go with brown.

The K70 is currently on sale 110 $ CAD (maybe idk its normal price, since its 160$ on amazon) : http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=274&item_id=069280

Question is should I get the RBG? Those lights tho  :o  :unsure: It's a 90$ difference. Or should I just wait for the RBG to go on sale (maybe it will?).

Do you want red backlighting or multicolor backlighting?

Do you want to change the RGB LED's to that one colour to match the rest of your setup to never touch them again for $90? If so then go for the RGB.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Do you want to change the RGB LED's to that one colour to match the rest of your setup to never touch them again for $90? If so then go for the RGB.

Do you want red backlighting or multicolor backlighting?

I see...Ill have to think about it.

But it is on sale right?

You should get a Ducky Shine 5 tbh

Really? I've seen a LOT of good reviews about the K70, and I mean a lot. Plus it's not even out yet, is it?

Really? I've seen a LOT of good reviews about the K70, and I mean a lot. Plus it's not even out yet, is it?

I don't think so, but if I didn't already have a K70 RGB I'd be waiting for the Shine 5 to come out.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't think so, but if I didn't already have a K70 RGB I'd be waiting for the Shine 5 to come out.

What is so good about it?

What is so good about it?

To my knowledge there's no software with it (My K70 RGB software has more problems than I'd like to admit). From what I've seen in videos the lights are much brighter on the Shine if you care about that sort of thing. And really Ducky has made themselves know for having absolutely fantastic build quality among their products.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

To my knowledge there's no software with it (My K70 RGB software has more problems than I'd like to admit). From what I've seen in videos the lights are much brighter on the Shine if you care about that sort of thing. And really Ducky has made themselves know for having absolutely fantastic build quality among their products.

The K70 non-rgb also doesn't use software, and that imho is a HUGE PLUS. Having programmable lighting without software is a godsend for compatibility and ease of use.

If OP likes red back-lighting, I cannot recommend the k70 enough (BTW running the k70 both variants at the super high highest brightness setting is known to significantly shorten led lifespan, but I run mine at the dimmest, and it's still pretty darn bright.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The K70 non-rgb also doesn't use software, and that imho is a HUGE PLUS. Having programmable lighting without software is a godsend for compatibility and ease of use.

If OP likes red back-lighting, I cannot recommend the k70 enough (BTW running the k70 both variants at the super high highest brightness setting is known to significantly shorten led lifespan, but I run mine at the dimmest, and it's still pretty darn bright.)

Why would you not recommend it? What is wrong with it?

What would you recommend?

A lot of people seem to recommend the K70 rbg or normal. Now you guys are making me change my decision.

Why would you not recommend it? What is wrong with it?

What would you recommend?

A lot of people seem to recommend the K70 rbg or normal. Now you guys are making me change my decision.

I do recommend it...

I said I CANNOT recommend it ENOUGH.

Assuming you don't mind red only lighting.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I do recommend it...

I said I CANNOT recommend it ENOUGH.

Assuming you don't mind red only lighting.

LOL my bad.

All good then :P

But it is on sale right?

Most of the "Sales" are normal price anyway.... they will slowly creep the price up small amounts a few weeks before the sale so they are at an inflated price and then they put the sale on on 10% or whatever (putting it back to normal price). Be cynical about everything! :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)