New AMD Crimson drivers problems

Kyundere
Go to solution Solved by ApolloEleven,

Ok after waiting 5mins it got unstuck! Then it got stuck again (program is "Not responding"), it is now at 33%

My original post:

Mine is stuck at 16% as we speak. This is strange since other people at other forums always get their stuck at 2% or 16% too. I don't know why it is those specific percentages that the common freezes are. Most people said they waited atleast 20mins then it will get unstuck.

So yea maybe just leaving it there for atleast 20mins would help. Every 5mins it seems to progress.

Stay away from that Crimson stuff!

My experience has been terrible. I run in windows 10 64 bit and I have two crossfire - HD 7970.

Many BSOD's after trying to play Crisys 3 (everything max out at 60 FPS, normally). 

That crappy software have destroyed my windows registry and now the solution is to format and downgrade to the latest catalyst.

For the next months I don´t want to ear the word "Crimson". Hope that a thunderstorm damage AMD's engineers... LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I had to rollback to Catalyst as Crimson was causing artifacts (pixelated patches on screen and fullscreen vertical grey stripes), driver crashes and bluescreens, plus none of my individually applied game settings for fan speed would work when I opened the game I applied them to :(

It is what it is but maybe we can make it better.

• 1 month later...

I had to stop my anit virus to get it to work but now all my games run like shit with it...

• 1 year later...

I found a fix for this problem, I bought a GTX 970 :P

It is what it is but maybe we can make it better.