Well, no cure dafuq?

Moondrelor

So, to those who read my medical question a few weeks back. I apparently have Sciatica... Has anyone ever had this? Did you get rid of it? If so how? I really hate it right now especially since it's moved down to my calf on my right side and on my left side still in my thigh...

Here is some info for you to read over - http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sciatica/Pages/Introduction.aspx

any cases of sciatica will pass in around six weeks without the need for treatment.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

That sucks. What happened?

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

So, to those who read my medical question a few weeks back. I apparently have Sciatica... Has anyone ever had this? Did you get rid of it? If so how? I really hate it right now especially since it's moved down to my calf on my right side and on my left side still in my thigh...

The only way to prevent pain is to remove pressure on your lower back and butt while you sit (a cushion would help), or to not sit (standing desk) haven't had it my self but know someone who does.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

That sucks. What happened?

Born with scoliosis so I guess it's just something that slowly developed on me and just started experience this pain. Been a few weeks now.

Here is some info for you to read over - http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sciatica/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I will read over this, thank you.

The only way to prevent pain is to remove pressure on your lower back and butt while you sit (a cushion would help), or to not sit (standing desk) haven't had it my self but know someone who does.

Would sitting properly at my office chair help by leaning into the lumbar support? I have a tendency to lean forward..

I will read over this, thank you.

Would sitting properly at my office chair help by leaning into the lumbar support? I have a tendency to lean forward..

It might the key is to remove pressure on the sciatica nerve (hence the name)

sciatic_nerve.jpg

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

It might the key is to remove pressure on the sciatica nerve (hence the name)

sciatic_nerve.jpg

Oh god please not my feet... No no no. I can deal with leg pains but not my toes and feet! FUCK. God damnit... Can I just turn into a pot head? Never smoked in my life though LOL.

I guess I gotta try different ways of sitting and kick the bad habits. 

Yes it will go away but people who suffer from it can keep re crushing the nerve, which is why it can be classified as chronic in some cases.

Born with scoliosis so I guess it's just something that slowly developed on me and just started experience this pain. Been a few weeks now.

Ouch. My friend has scoliosis and he just got surgery. He's a lot better now and doesn't have pain. Maybe go that route? I don't know your financial situation.

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

Yes it will go away but people how suffer from it can keep re crushing the nerve, which is why it can be classified as chronic in some cases.

Then basically, if I don't put much pressure on it. I should not experience much pain? I don't normally get any pain when I'm home, and if I do it's when I get off work. I experience most my pain at work however. I sit at my office, get called to go fix something, I get up and jesus the pain sometimes. Limping down the halls...

Ouch. My friend has scoliosis and he just got surgery. He's a lot better now and doesn't have pain. Maybe go that route? I don't know your financial situation.

So many side affects it can do. Especially if you get into any kind of car accident or have a bad fall the wrong way, I've heard way too many stories and researched it way too much a couple years back to even do the surgery. I had a friend who did the surgery and she couldn't play any sports or anything... I'd rather live with my scoliosis and still enjoy my sports as much as I can, than getting the surgery and fucking something up getting paralyzed for life. 

Then basically, if I don't put much pressure on it. I should not experience much pain? I don't normally get any pain when I'm home, and if I do it's when I get off work. I experience most my pain at work however. I sit at my office, get called to go fix something, I get up and jesus the pain sometimes. Limping down the halls...

Well when you are at home do you sit a lot, and if so is it in a comfy chair, or do you tend to not sit while at home. As sitting is what causes it in most cases.

Is your current PC chair solid wood or something? If so try to cushion it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Lumbar brace? (not sure... possibly some surgery...)

I have suspicions that my mother also has this, and my aunt (from my father's side of the family) is confirmed to have this...

So many side affects it can do. Especially if you get into any kind of car accident or have a bad fall the wrong way, I've heard way too many stories and researched it way too much a couple years back to even do the surgery. I had a friend who did the surgery and she couldn't play any sports or anything... I'd rather live with my scoliosis and still enjoy my sports as much as I can, than getting the surgery and fucking something up getting paralyzed for life. 

Fair point. My friends is banned from doing any highly physical activity for a year. Granted he wasn't doing much before so not much of a loss to him. 

PCPartPicker

Well when you are at home do you sit a lot, and if so is it in a comfy chair, or do you tend to not sit while at home. As sitting is what causes it in most cases.

Typically I'm laying at home, if I'm not laying in standing cooking, or in the garage fixing.

Is your current PC chair solid wood or something? If so try to cushion it.

It's one of these fancy chairs at my work place, i don't like it that much though... Not very comfortable. Mesh kind of chair

Fair point. My friends is banned from doing any highly physical activity for a year. Granted he wasn't doing much before so not much of a loss to him. 

Yeah.. I love soccer and volleyball. I wouldn't ever give up my DDR either. Hell no.

Typically I'm laying at home, if I'm not laying in standing cooking, or in the garage fixing.

It's one of these fancy chairs at my work place, i don't like it that much though... Not very comfortable. Mesh kind of chair

Yeah laying down won't cause it normally, neither will standing so really the problem is that you have to sit for hours at work, so your best bet is to get a cushion for your work chair as many of us have said to reduce the pressure, and hope it works.

Yeah laying down won't cause it normally, neither will standing so really the problem is that you have to sit for hours at work, so your best bet is to get a cushion for your work chair as many of us have said to reduce the pressure, and hope it works.

Thanks. I appreciate it a lot fella's. 

This pain is no joke at all. It hurts like hell sometimes. Like someone is taking a knife and stabbing me.

I guess it's time to start working on my posture too.. lol

Yeah.. I love soccer and volleyball. I wouldn't ever give up my DDR either. Hell no.

Careful running, the gets worse over time. I have flat feet so I can kinda relate. I ran a half marathon and that just about killed my knees. I can't run for more than a half mile now without pain, and it sucks cause I'm still in shape. 

PCPartPicker

Careful running, the gets worse over time. I have flat feet so I can kinda relate. I ran a half marathon and that just about killed my knees. I can't run for more than a half mile now without pain, and it sucks cause I'm still in shape. 

Yeah... I feel ya... I'm in shape, but the pain gets unbearable sometimes in my lower back from extended running. Luckily, I don't have flat feet. That would be a deadly combo... Aha... But I totally understand your pain.

I've got chronic sciatica. Heat packs and lumbar support is what works for me.

And seeing a chiropractor. But i'm not sure its reccomended if you've got scoliosis

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've had bone and nerve issues most of my life.  Even had this before, and I'm going through it right now, again.

Here's what helps me when I get nerve and bone issues, memory foam mattresses and warm/hot showers letting the water hit the area.  If you can't get a firm memory foam then just lay on the floor for a bit to help the disc and nerve.  Both can relieve some pain until it passes.

I was thinking about buying medium memory foam for my bed, would that affect me in any way?

I've got chronic sciatica. Heat packs and lumbar support is what works for me.

And seeing a chiropractor. But i'm not sure its reccomended if you've got scoliosis

Owch  :( I'm sorry that you got to go through this as well.. I will definitely give those things a try. Except the chiropractor thing. I don't think that would be good for me. Aha, but then again I can always ask them. Might depend on the severity.