Would an IPS monitor be good for gaming?

TC21

I've been using a Dell SX2210 for almost 6 years now and I am in need of an upgrade. I want to get an IPS display since color and sharpness are some of the things my current monitor lacks. However, one of the few redeeming features that my current monitor has is its 2ms response time. I know that IPS displays have longer response times but would it make a huge difference in games like CSGO, MGSV, and Project Cars?

I've used an IPS panel for gaming - the response time was not noticeable to me.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Do NOT get an IPS monitor if you are heavily invested into CSGO. The screen lag is terribad.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I don't think it is possible to notice the difference between 5ms and 1ms response unless you're a superhuman, but refresh rate is noticeable. However there are 144hz panels available for sale.

Yes they are perfectly fine

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There's really no noticeable difference, despite what placebo'd-to-hell TN fanboys tell you. On top of all the other latencies involved with computers, you'll not notice the extra 5ms of input lag.

I guess I could use the Dell if the lag is that bad in CS. Can anyone recommend a few IPS monitors that are less than $250? From my 5 minute google search I found these:

ASUS MX239H ‑ 23" IPS LED Monitor

ASUS PB238Q ‑ 23" IPS LED‑backlit