Simcity 5

Donut417

Just wondering if any one has seen any of the beta footage on the You tubes? Ive been watching some of it and I have to say I see vast improvements in game play. Only reason I wont purchase is because you have to use origin to play it. It also have that you have to be on all the time DRM that sucks and is stupid. Plus I heard Origin makes you want to stab your self in the face, at least that's what my friend said. But I have to say Im proud of EA, normally they produce crap. This game actually looks good. Good Job EA.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I played the beta and I really like it, definitely going to buy it. I don't understand why everyone hates origin, I use it to play BF3 and it has given me 0 problems.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Watched my wife play a bit of the one hour demo "beta" thing, looked pretty solid I'll likely pick it up.

I'm excited about this game but I'm going to wait for reviews to start popping up when it releases. I loved the complexity of SimCity 4 and I'm worried it might be watered down too much for my taste.

I played the beta and I really like it, definitely going to buy it. I don't understand why everyone hates origin, I use it to play BF3 and it has given me 0 problems.
Its not really me hating Origin, I don't really like EA. They buy all the good gaming studios and release crap most of the time. Heck Sim City 4 cant run well on Multicore systems with out crashing. Also the DRM that the game uses is BS. Same reason I dont buy Ubisoft games. Online DRM like that should not be used.

I played the beta, and I liked it a lot, but I won't buy it on day one for a few reasons. Because the game uses always online DRM and servers, I bet SimCity is going to have similar connection problems as Diablo 3. And I also do not want to buy a game for $60 that I won't be able to play when EA takes down their servers for the game.

My PC

• CPU: i7 2600k @4.5GHz
  • Cooler: Corsair H100
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 580 SC
  • PSU: Corsair AX-850w
  • Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth
  • HDD: WD 1TB Black Caviar
  • RAM: Corsair 8GB Dominator
  • Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • Monitors: ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080
  • Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder
  • Keyboard: Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

This game will be pirated the shit out of, only people who actually buy the game will be hurt by the DRM.

One of the articles I read said that the DRM is there for the community part of the game but also because the Glass box game engine is so complex some of your game play is coded on there servers, (we all know EA doesn't have great server support history) so it can hit a wider range of computers. So I'm not sure how people going pirate a game that missing some of the game engine code. People were mad because people still play the older versions of Sim City and they don't want the server shutting down in the future to kill the game completely.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

O also this game-play is fantastic in 5760x1080 (nvidia surround). So nice when building large roads. The only con is that the bottom action bar (guess that what you call it) has crazy extremes because there options on each of the corners. But one of the first games I felt like I was getting a real enhanced game play because it was using all 3 monitors. Wish I took a screenshot to show you guys.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

One of the articles I read said that the DRM is there for the community part of the game but also because the Glass box game engine is so complex some of your game play is coded on there servers, (we all know EA doesn't have great server support history) so it can hit a wider range of computers. So I'm not sure how people going pirate a game that missing some of the game engine code. People were mad because people still play the older versions of Sim City and they don't want the server shutting down in the future to kill the game completely.
"Gameplay is coded on servers" is a bunch of EA garbage talk. It is just an excuse for having DRM. It's just like Diablo 3 having DRM, so no one can "cheat" in their auction house, even though it is a single player game.

DRM does not harm pirates, it only harms the consumers.

My PC

• CPU: i7 2600k @4.5GHz
  • Cooler: Corsair H100
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 580 SC
  • PSU: Corsair AX-850w
  • Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth
  • HDD: WD 1TB Black Caviar
  • RAM: Corsair 8GB Dominator
  • Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • Monitors: ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080
  • Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder
  • Keyboard: Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

• 2 weeks later...

You guys going to play the beta today from 5pm to 9pm to load there servers?

Yeah, Origin doesn't bother me at all, but I hate online DRM. I don't want to get a game and then in ten years when EA decides to shut down the servers I wont be able to play anymore.

I was invited to the stress test, but I had to work the whole time it was up. :( On Friday (payday), this is definitely getting preordered.

2 1/2 more days getting excited for this game.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

I have three options right now: Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 Premium, and Simcity 5.

Probably going to get Simcity. I can wait a bit longer for the others. Only problem is that my motherboard is being RMAd by MSI. Hopefully I will have it back by next week.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

This year is bringing out some good games. I personally can't wait for the new Sim City, the new graphics and functionality looks great! You even have to build sewers and things now. Should be fun.

simcity is going to be awesome. can't wait till tomorrow after work.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

So hows every one liking the issues with the EA servers. Well I guess Ill check out Cities XL and see if that game is any good. EA is a bunch of idiots. I was looking in to getting Dead Space but I might pass, because unless Dead Space 3 comes to steam I dont want it. *shakes head*

If I pay $60 for a game I expect to be able to play it when ever I want and Not when EA wants me to.

got it today i liked it the whole hour i was able to play it. payed $60 for a game i cant play thanks EA. i hope some one comes out with a work around for the whole DRM mess.

I will stick to my statement saying that this game will be pirated the shit out of. Even people who buy the game will pirate it, just to get offline mode.

It's funny how the eventual cracked version might be better than the actual game.

If it wasn't for origin I probably would have brought the game. Looks like ill find other ways to play it now....

Any one hear any good things about Cities XL? Ive seen it on steam. Not sure how good it is.

This game will be pirated the shit out of, only people who actually buy the game will be hurt by the DRM.
If it has been programed the way Diablo 3 has been , the only way to make a pirate verson would be to somehow create your own virutal server , becuse the game on your pc is just a cilent , there will be alot of calculations done EA side , this sort of DRM works.

Encountered some problems with the servers but for the most part have been able to play whenever I've tried so far and really like it.