Simcity 5

Donut417

New EA bullcrap to stop pirates: The EA servers take on part of the calculations from the client and send the data back to the client.

This, if true. is the worst step any publisher ever has made (Their in-browser BF3 serverlist was bad too)

This is a direct attack at gamers who just want to play the game. but have to wait a hour to just get started, because their servers overloaded the moment they went online.

And this is why I might never buy anything from EA again. money-humping bastards. not wanting to give people a good time. just to see them scrape every last penny from their account

and then not delivering their product.

I wish Maxis went to a other publisher. they are owned by EA now.

With a Ubisoft or a Activision they would've had more chances

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Any one hear any good things about Cities XL? Ive seen it on steam. Not sure how good it is.

I play it and love it. I'd recommend pirating a copy to try it out first but, its a very much a hit and miss game per person.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Cities XL, is interesting.. I bought it a while back never really got too into it though, I might have to give it another go. I originally bought it to help aid map designs around suburban areas may sound odd to some but it worked well for me..

As for Sim City.. You might as well wait for it to get pirated and able to host your own "server" hive or whatever they use for always on with addition of calculations. I'm not saying don't buy it and just pirate, rather I'm saying buy it, spend your money so you legally own the game... Then use the pirate version to be able to play on your terms not EA's It looks like a good game too bad no one can play and they are pulling features from it.

Soon enough their servers will be magically fixed and they will claim in joy how they were able to get it working. But the truth will be over half the people who were interested and tried to play simply gave up and abandoned the game.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Still waiting to download Simcity 5.... *arrghhhh* ;)

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I've heard just way too many problems with this game and EA...not even going to look into it anymore. Logan even mentioned something about it during his last episode of the Tek.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Despite all the issues the game still appeals to me. I have been a long time fan of the franchise and all these problems are killing me.

I have been waiting forever for the new Sim City. I was in the beta and loved it. I hated that the launch has been terrible, but I am willing to keep a cool head and wait for the issues to be sorted out. I managed to get in and play several times. I love the game and cant wait to see how it will all work online. Right now its too flaky for me to get in and really play with other people. I have been building my city alone in the region. Im not mad. Sweet game.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually want this game but I can't afford it D:

This game will be pirated the shit out of, only people who actually buy the game will be hurt by the DRM.
@Tacticalpanic: I should just point out to you that there are several working cracked versions of D3... I don't think there will ever be a game that can 'beat' the crackers. Except Football Manager 2013. For some reason they did it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On a secondary note, any one here about he EA CEO stepping down? Wonder if its related to whats going on with Sim City.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.