NewEgg sent wrong Mobo. SATA 3.0 on SATA Express?

So NewEgg sent me the "wrong" Motherboard and with the crazyness of Black Friday and CyberMonday around the corner I don't know how much I want to wait on getting this turned around for the right one.

I ordered the Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z97 but they sent the Gaming 5 Z97 instead. 

The Sniper has 6 Sata 6gb/s ports and the Gaming 5 has 2 Sata 6gb/s and 4 sata express.

My question is can I run my drives on SATA 3.0 through the SATA Express ports on the Gaming 5 without having to change anything or any hassle?

If not I plan on sending the board back for the one I wanted. Just curious about saving myself the return headaches this time of year. 

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

SATA Express is compatible with SATA.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This could pose an issue later because your invoice says g1

And you can plug sata into sata e

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This could pose an issue later because your invoice says g1

Agreed. If you need to RMA the mainboard back to NewEgg or Gigabyte, this could leave you high and dry. If you can, get NewEgg to update the order, and by extension the invoice, to reflect what they sent you versus what you actually ordered.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Agreed. If you need to RMA the mainboard back to NewEgg or Gigabyte, this could leave you high and dry. If you can, get NewEgg to update the order, and by extension the invoice, to reflect what they sent you versus what you actually ordered.

and god knows how big of an asshole gigabyte is with rmas

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Contact Newegg of their mistake and tell them to send you the correct board.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list