PG279Q or VG248QE - details inside - urgent!

nodim666
Go to solution Solved by Wind,

Hey
let me start with a bit background of my case
i have bought a new gaming PC like 7 months ago that would be able to run TheWitcher 3 Ultra on a 1440p gaming monitor.

sadly in my country the only monitor that available is was and still the PG278Q  - no acers and no other companies that might have a module that could fit

any way . i took my chances and bought the PG278Q 

day 1 i got with a dead pixel in the middle of the screen - i sent to replacement and got a new 1 day after (because it was still in 14days after i bought the monitor)

this is was my mistake i should asked for my money and wait for better option .

now last month my "second" PG278Q died - Blurry text and flickering issue which all of you know about. - i was so mad and had to sent it to ASUS Support center(WORST SUPPORT EVER MADE I SWEAR TO YOU THEY ARE THE DEVIL !!!)

Anyway after a month and im still without a monitor . asus told me that they "cant" fix my monitor in time so the best thing they can offer me is a credit voucher so i can go the store and buy any product i want . (the store only sells ASUS products so im fucked up with them again)

i took the voucher (which is only for 14days) and a week ago i asked that store when they should receive the PG279Q . they told me it should be here any day.

its been over a week and still they dont have the monitor in stock -

sadly i found out all over the internet that the PG279Q is another bitch monitor that got so many issues and  i got tired . im afraid buying this one will make me to go through the horrible RMA support all over again

so im asking your help . 

the "good" asus monitor i know about is the VG248QE right ? 1080p 144hz without gsync.

should i wait for PG279Q and take my chances again ?(which are very very LOW) 
or should i just buy the VG248QE (or another module i dont know about ? ) and be happy with it ?

also take in mind that if they i have like a week to spend that voucher b4 it expires .

any help from you guys would be nice . im lost i want to game and i just fucking cant . over a  month!! - i had cheaper samsung/dell monitor that last me years !!! 

what should i do ? thx

PG278Q is a 1440p monitor, VG248QE is a 1080p do you really want to downgrade?

Hey

i have bought a new gaming PC like 7 months ago that would be able to run TheWitcher 3 Ultra on a 1440p gaming monitor.

sadly in my country the only monitor that available is was and still the PG278Q  - no acers and no other companies that might have a module that could fit

day 1 i got with a dead pixel in the middle of the screen - i sent to replacement and got a new 1 day after (because it was still in 14days after i bought the monitor)

now last month my "second" PG278Q died - Blurry text and flickering issue which all of you know about. - i was so mad and had to sent it to ASUS Support center(WORST SUPPORT EVER MADE I SWEAR TO YOU THEY ARE THE DEVIL !!!)

Anyway after a month and im still without a monitor . asus told me that they "cant" fix my monitor in time so the best thing they can offer me is a credit voucher so i can go the store and buy any product i want . (the store only sells ASUS products so im fucked up with them again)

i took the voucher (which is only for 14days) and a week ago i asked that store when they should receive the PG279Q . they told me it should be here any day.

sadly i found out all over the internet that the PG279Q is another bitch monitor that got so many issues and  i got tired . im afraid buying this one will make me to go through the horrible RMA support all over again

so im asking your help . 

the "good" asus monitor i know about is the VG248QE right ? 1080p 144hz without gsync.

or should i just buy the VG248QE (or another module i dont know about ? ) and be happy with it ?

also take in mind that if they i have like a week to spend that voucher b4 it expires .

any help from you guys would be nice . im lost i want to game and i just fucking cant . over a  month!! - i had cheaper samsung/dell monitor that last me years !!! 

what should i do ? thx

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

Hey

what should i do ? thx

Per Amazon: 16% chance it will suck, 1 in 6 isn't great, but it beats staring at the wall  :P

If you get a good one, they're great - go for it. B)

If it's a brick and mortar store, bring a laptop or use an in-store system (if they'll let you) and check it out in the store before you take it home.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Hey

so im asking your help . 

what should i do ? thx

i dont! im just scared man . im a month without a monitor because the crap asus support in my country.

what if the new one will be the same ? another month of crap service : { ?

btw i talked with the store that ordered me the monitor from the asus store and he told me he already made an order just incase so i wont lose my voucher 

so even if the pg279q will be here in a month the voucher already being used.

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

i dont! im just scared man . im a month without a monitor because the crap asus support in my country.

what if the new one will be the same ? another month of crap service : { ?

btw i talked with the store that ordered me the monitor from the asus store and he told me he already made an order just incase so i wont lose my voucher 

so even if the pg279q will be here in a month the voucher already being used.

ah, okay then. btw, why do you choose the 278Q over the 279Q?

ah, okay then. btw, why do you choose the 278Q over the 279Q?

when i bought the PG278Q the 279q wasnt released yet

now they gonna bring the new PG279Q which i already ordered

at first i was YAY! im gonna get rid of the pg278q and get a better monitor right ? IPS / 165HZ and such 

but now after reading forums im just afraid it will be another crap monitor that will fail in few months

when i bought the PG278Q the 279q wasnt released yet

now they gonna bring the new PG279Q which i already ordered

at first i was YAY! im gonna get rid of the pg278q and get a better monitor right ? IPS / 165HZ and such 

but now after reading forums im just afraid it will be another crap monitor that will fail in few months

i believe that the 279Q is IPS panel with refresh rate above 100, not 144.

i believe that the 279Q is IPS panel with refresh rate above 100, not 144.

the pg279q can be overclocked to 165hz but im not gonna do it

if im correct TFTCentral said that the PG279Q works the best in terms of input lag and such with 144HZ < and 165hz is slower!

also the PG279Q can get 144hz only with nvidia gpus from 970+ i think

lower ones like 780 cannot get 144hz

the pg279q can be overclocked to 165hz but im not gonna do it

if im correct TFTCentral said that the PG279Q works the best in terms of input lag and such with 144HZ < and 165hz is slower!

also the PG279Q can get 144hz only with nvidia gpus from 970+ i think

lower ones like 780 cannot get 144hz

yep it must be on Maxwell Architecture to reach 144Hz, i remember Linus's vid about it.

The PG279Q was filled with defective batches that had horrible uniformity (color temp at the top was up to 500-1000k lower than color temp at the bottom, which meant that if you had a nice white screen at the bottom, you would have a yellowish/slightly reddish tone at the top.  Making this even more annoying than gamma shift on 27" TN monitors (at least you could sit farther back or reposition your head), and also a lot of pre October batches had terrible backlight bleed, not just normal IPS glow.

"Apparently" the newest batches (in October) have fixed that, at least from the people who are receiving brand new units.

There is some rumor that the entire reason the XB271HU (exact SAME panel as the PG279Q) was delayed, was due to the horrible QA/batch problems of the September and older units, as so far, everyone who has received a XB271HU (Acer) has gotten a perfect unit (maybe at most some dead pixels but this can happen on any panel anywhere), so Acer is getting good units for the XB271HU.

The VG248QE has been around for years.  There are naturally good and bad units out, but nothing like the QA nightmare of the PG279.

Keep in mind that the VG248QE should be considered an *entry line* 144hz gaming TN panel.  It has a strobed backlight (2D Lightboost) which can be activated by ToastyX Strobelight but Lightboost does wonders to the color and contrast depth (Contrast drops under 450:1 and color kelvins apparently rises over 11,000 K!)

The PG279Q was filled with defective batches that had horrible uniformity (color temp at the top was up to 500-1000k lower than color temp at the bottom, which meant that if you had a nice white screen at the bottom, you would have a yellowish/slightly reddish tone at the top.  Making this even more annoying than gamma shift on 27" TN monitors (at least you could sit farther back or reposition your head), and also a lot of pre October batches had terrible backlight bleed, not just normal IPS glow.

"Apparently" the newest batches (in October) have fixed that, at least from the people who are receiving brand new units.

There is some rumor that the entire reason the XB271HU (exact SAME panel as the PG279Q) was delayed, was due to the horrible QA/batch problems of the September and older units, as so far, everyone who has received a XB271HU (Acer) has gotten a perfect unit (maybe at most some dead pixels but this can happen on any panel anywhere), so Acer is getting good units for the XB271HU.

The VG248QE has been around for years.  There are naturally good and bad units out, but nothing like the QA nightmare of the PG279.

Keep in mind that the VG248QE should be considered an *entry line* 144hz gaming TN panel.  It has a strobed backlight (2D Lightboost) which can be activated by ToastyX Strobelight but Lightboost does wonders to the color and contrast depth (Contrast drops under 450:1 and color kelvins apparently rises over 11,000 K!)

hey thanks for the respone m8 !

u just gave me hope with the new batches you talked about

lets hope mine will be from october atleast and wont have any issues . 

i ll post pictures once i get the monitor just to show if its good or bad 

thx