PC case

Waterspear65

I am building a pc for the first time and I am not sure what case to get. I was lookin g at the phanteks ethoos pro or the corsair 450d

Those are some decent cases. What kind of hardware are you putting in it? What is your budget? I want to make sure that you have a good experience with your first build.

Those are some decent cases. What kind of hardware are you putting in it? What is your budget? I want to make sure that you have a good experience with your first build.

I am going for an atx motherboard and a sapphire nitro trix oc r9 390. My case budget is between 70- 120

I am going for an atx motherboard and a sapphire nitro trix oc r9 390. My case budget is between 70- 120

Enthoo Evolv atx

nzxt noctis 450

corsair 760t

Fractal Design Define S

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Ok, so let's start off with the simplicity and features of the cases you chose, since those caught your eye. The graphics card should fit, even with it's larger size. The Phanteks case is probably going to be a better for your system. The Corsair case is a larger, less used form factor called E-ATX. The motherboard will fit, but you'll have a lot of extra room.  Make sure you have a power supply that is rated 500-750 watts for that card. I also have a 390, and it can use up some power. Worth it though.

Ok, so let's start off with the simplicity and features of the cases you chose, since those caught your eye. The graphics card should fit, even with it's larger size. The Phanteks case is probably going to be a better for your system. The Corsair case is a larger, less used form factor called E-ATX. The motherboard will fit, but you'll have a lot of extra room.  Make sure you have a power supply that is rated 500-750 watts for that card. I also have a 390, and it can use up some power. Worth it though.

Corsair is mid tower and ethoo is full tower so would a f tower be too large for a desk space?

It depends on the desk and the tower. Every tower is a little different when it comes to size. I have seen full towers on desks before. If you don't feel comfortable risking it, or don't want to measure, go with a mid tower case. If you go to Newegg or pcpartpicker.com, you can filter it out to show just mid tower cases. Some nice brands to look for are Corsair, Coolermaster, NZXT, Fractal, etc. I hope this helps!

If have questions about building or parts to choose there is a section for new builders here on the forum. Feel free to check it out.

Which of these cases is best in looks, feature, functionality, over all quality

The case will be under my desk near my feet

-Fractal design define r5

-Fractal design define s

-NZXT phantom 410 black

-Phanteks enthoo pro w/ window

-thermaltake core v31

R5 has my vote, but the Phantom and the Enthoo are great too

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I have an r4 w/ window and I love it. As far as I've heard the r5 is a decent improvement over the r4, so that would be my suggestion. It's easy to build with and has plenty of room for expansion and cable management.

That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about the Enthoo Pro. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

R5 has my vote, but the Phanteks is a good choice as well :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

How is the fractal design define r5 for a first time gaming pc build? I have a sapphire nitro r9 390 if that matters. If this is not good, please suggest other really good mid tower cases under 130.

NZXT H440 or the NZXT Noctis 450 (I think) are great alternatives

They both have the same internal construction but the exterior is different

The R5 is very good.

Some other good mid towers:

Enthoo Evolv ATX

Define S

Noctis 450

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Need a drive bay? Enthoo or r5.

Don't need an optical drive bay? Define S without a seconds hesitation...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Let me tell you, I have the enthoo pro and I love it!

If you are already considering it, go for it. It really is an epic tower for the price. And check out some of its competitiors, mainly the define R5/S if you want some more silence in a smaller form factor also nzxt h440 but airflow in that case isn't that good.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I am looking into getting a new pc and I still need a case.

-atx

-black or black and blue

-not to flashy

-sleek and simple

-mid tower

I was thinking about the corsair 450d or the fractal define r5 but im not sure

I am looking into getting a new pc and I still need a case.

-atx

-black or black and blue

-not to flashy

-sleek and simple

-mid tower

I was thinking about the corsair 450d or the fractal define r5 but im not sure