Is a Corsair CX750M PSU good enough for my pc?

My specs are:

CPU - I7 4770 @ 4.3Ghz

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth Z87

RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz

GPU - Nvidia MSI 980ti 6GB Twin Frozr OC

Case - Corsair Obsidian 750D

Storage - Samsung 250GB SSD and 3x 1TB WD Caviar Black

PSU - Corsair CX750M

Display - Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27" ISP 1440p @ 165Hz

Cooling - Corsair H80

Mouse - Logitech G9X

Operating System - Win 10 Pro

I have been informed that my PSU is not good enough to power the 980ti I have installed as I am getting crashes on games right now.

Can anyone confirm whether they would agree that I need a better PSU like a Corsair HXi Series HX1000i or am I fine with what I have and it must be something else causing the crashes?

Thank you in advance :D

Well mate... 750W is defenately enough for the 980ti, you only need more if you are doing SLI or crossfire (which you are not)--> so 750W is enough! But I would recommend you to get a better PSU overall, the Corsair CX is not recommended for super high end builds like yours, I would recommend the evga supernova .. its quite more expensive, but you want the PSU in a build to be good, because its the part that can destroy all of your parts (because it gives power to all parts in the system) ! You can still go with the CX, but its a lot safer and better to get the evga supernova :) Hope I helped 

Think I am going to get a Seasonic Platinum 860 then. Good choice?

Do you plan on adding a 2nd GTX 980 ti in the future ? If not then go with the EVGA G2 650W. If you plan to SLI then go with the 850W version.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

Do you plan on adding a 2nd GTX 980 ti in the future ? If not then go with the EVGA G2 650W. If you plan to SLI then go with the 850W version.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

Yeah I think I may get another 980ti down the road, so the 850w is a good suggestion. Thanks, I think I might get that one now after all as it has some really good reviews and is £99 on Amazon :D

Thank you everyone for your help. This community is THE BEST! I have just bought this

Thank you for your interesting response.

that could not be more true at all.

Maybe if they were the same price then you could flip a coin to decide. The EVGA is a fantastic unit though, so there is no point spending an extra £5 to get the Corsar.

Maybe if they were the same price then you could flip a coin to decide. The EVGA is a fantastic unit though, so there is no point spending an extra £5 to get the Corsar.

No argument there, I just thought the capacitors on the cables RMx is using is good enough to warrant the extra £5, 

No argument there, I just thought the capacitors on the cables RMx is using is good enough to warrant the extra £5, 

The EVGA has capacitors on the cables as well  :)

Trust me, I understand.  I was just clarifying why you were asking.   :D  And, the Seasonic is a good choice.

Hey dude I would just like to thank you for pointing me in the right direction. As soon as I swapped my shitty Corsair CX750w out for an EVGA G2 850w all my problems were solved.

Thank you to everyone one else that helped me to choose a more suitable PSU. Love you all!

What a great community this place is!