Best monitor for DAW work (Digital Audio Workstations)

Derpologist

Alright, so I'm looking for a new monitor for my music studio computer (yes, its a mac, although will be a PC soon). My 21" LG IPS display, while very pretty, isnt cutting it anymore. I need a new monitor, so I wanted to start up this thread to discuss the best monitor for Digital Audio Workstation things. I use Logic Pro X (although planning to change to bitwig very soon). I am willing to spend about 800 or so US dollars. This can be stretched a bit. I'd love to invest in an LG Curved Ultrawide (found a great deal: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-34UC87C-34-0-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00Y09G6JG/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448165609&sr=1-10&keywords=lg+monitors ), but I'd love to do a two monitor solution of the same monitor. If we do two monitors, please make sure they have very small bezels, as when I dont have the main window open on my main display and the mixer and sample libraries on the other display, I stretch Logic across both displays.

Thanks!

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

dont do ultrawide, just go with regular 16:9

the vertical workspace is useful for all the tracks you will have on screen

also it would be really nice if you go with a 4k large screen like 40" or up

at 100% scaling you will get a ton of realestate, far more than any ultrawide

teksyndicate hardware has reviewed a bunch of 4k 40" monitors, I think they would work great for you

sadly theyre not curved, for curved you will need to look at samsung tvs, and those are $1k+

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

dont do ultrawide, just go with regular 16:9

the vertical workspace is useful for all the tracks you will have on screen

also it would be really nice if you go with a 4k large screen like 40" or up

at 100% scaling you will get a ton of realestate, far more than any ultrawide

teksyndicate hardware has reviewed a bunch of 4k 40" monitors, I think they would work great for you

sadly theyre not curved, for curved you will need to look at samsung tvs, and those are $1k+

Hmm this is true, I didnt exactly think about the vertical length. I'll definitely look at a 40" 4k display though. Thanks!

Do you know of any 30" (ish) 2k (or maybe 1080p) displays that might be better in a dual setup?

Thanks again

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Hmm this is true, I didnt exactly think about the vertical length. I'll definitely look at a 40" 4k display though. Thanks!

Do you know of any 30" (ish) 2k (or maybe 1080p) displays that might be better in a dual setup?

Thanks again

two 30"-34" 140p displays would be good too, but they are just way too expensive and you would be buying two of them, so for $400 each you cant get a very good 1440p 30" display unless you want to risk some dead pixels and buy a korean brand

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020