XL2411Z vs. XL2411T or other suggestions in that range?

SocomSuade
Go to solution Solved by Falkentyne,

The XL2411T is an old obsolete 120hz lightboost only monitor, although newer versions were updated to be pwm free.  Avoid it.  The XL2411T was *replaced* by the XL2411Z, and the XL2420TE was replaced by the XL2420Z.  The only Benq's you should be considering are the XL2411Z (if you don't want displayport), XL2420Z (displayport and VERY useful and handy s-switch) and XL2720Z (The 27" 1080p "Drawback" is countered by having a much better balanced (undocumented) blur reduction enabled + "AMA low" toggle and absolutely perfect overdrive for blur reduction "off" (this requires exploiting the AMA low blur reduction mode and using a profile toggle exploit).

(All of the Benq monitors before the XL2730Z V002 have far too aggressive and intense overdrive/RTA artifacts without doing the toggles; more information here:

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467 ; Only the XL2720Z is capable of perfect overdrive with Blur reduction disabled).

My budget is around $250.

1080p, 1ms and 144hz is what I'm after.

I started looking at the Asus VG248QE but someone told me BenQ monitors are better than the Asus so I wanted to compare.

This is mostly about the title XL2411Z vs. XL2411T. Which is better?

I see the Z has some motion blur feature and I'm assuming that one is better so I'm looking for opinions on that but I also am curious about comparing the Asus in the mix and see if I should get that instead OR if there were any other monitors with these features in the $250 range that I should consider.

My budget is around $250.

1080p, 1ms and 144hz is what I'm after.

I started looking at the Asus VG248QE but someone told me BenQ monitors are better than the Asus so I wanted to compare.

This is mostly about the title XL2411Z vs. XL2411T. Which is better?

I see the Z has some motion blur feature and I'm assuming that one is better so I'm looking for opinions on that but I also am curious about comparing the Asus in the mix and see if I should get that instead OR if there were any other monitors with these features in the $250 range that I should consider.

Both are pretty old models, not sure why everyone is talking about them all the sudden. They don't have DisplayPort so you'll have to use DVI to get 144Hz capability. Though that isn't a huge problem I suppose.

This is better and fit your needs and budget:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2HH7G0/?tag=pcpapi-20

This at least got a display port, welcome to 2015 ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Both are pretty old models, not sure why everyone is talking about them all the sudden. They don't have DisplayPort so you'll have to use DVI to get 144Hz capability. Though that isn't a huge problem I suppose.

Probably because they're cheap now idk?

The Asus has Display Port. Would that make the Asus a better buy?

Probably because they're cheap now idk?

The Asus has Display Port. Would that make the Asus a better buy?

yes, it's also 7$ cheaper than the XL2411Z on amazon! :D

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

This is better and fit your needs and budget:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2HH7G0/?tag=pcpapi-20

This at least got a display port, welcome to 2015 ;)

The people saying the Ben Q were better was because they said the Asus colors were not good.

I'm not too savvy with monitors. There's also an Acer GN246HL for a lot less money. Same specs but no display port either.

The people saying the Ben Q were better was because they said the Asus colors were not good.

I'm not too savvy with monitors. There's also an Acer GN246HL for a lot less money. Same specs but no display port either.

all those monitors are TN based panels...so when it comes to color, they aren't the best there is...BUT i owned both TN and IPS and even though IPS does pop a bit more i would not say it's a deal breaker in itself...viewing angles are a bit better too on IPS but you risk having a panel with backlight bleeding in the corners which can be annoying for some people so it's a trade off i would say...some ''better'' quality TN panels can actually look as good or better than some cheaper IPS ones...if you are really after good color reproduction you'd have to look for an IPS model but if you want a fast one (120hz or more) you'll need to empty your wallet. :(

This is a reputable source for monitor reviews, you might want to check out there if they have reviewed both and see what they think of them:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

all those monitors are TN based panels...so when it comes to color, they aren't the best there is...BUT i owned both TN and IPS and even though IPS does pop a bit more i would not say it's a deal breaker in itself...viewing angles are a bit better too on IPS but you risk having a panel with backlight bleeding in the corners which can be annoying for some people so it's a trade off i would say...some ''better'' quality TN panels can actually look as good or better than some cheaper IPS ones...if you are really after good color reproduction you'd have to look for an IPS model but if you want a fast one (120hz or more) you'll need to empty your wallet. :(

Yeah, I'm going with TN for this purchase.

The Asus was the first one I really considered. It looks nice on the outside and has the Display port. I'll probably just get that unless I can find a better deal.

I was told the Ben Q's were better so I wanted to see what other people thought.

Yeah, I'm going with TN for this purchase.

The Asus was the first one I really considered. It looks nice on the outside and has the Display port. I'll probably just get that unless I can find a better deal.

I was told the Ben Q's were better so I wanted to see what other people thought.

This is a reputable source for monitor reviews, you might want to check out there if they have reviewed both and see what they think of them:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

The XL2411T is an old obsolete 120hz lightboost only monitor, although newer versions were updated to be pwm free.  Avoid it.  The XL2411T was *replaced* by the XL2411Z, and the XL2420TE was replaced by the XL2420Z.  The only Benq's you should be considering are the XL2411Z (if you don't want displayport), XL2420Z (displayport and VERY useful and handy s-switch) and XL2720Z (The 27" 1080p "Drawback" is countered by having a much better balanced (undocumented) blur reduction enabled + "AMA low" toggle and absolutely perfect overdrive for blur reduction "off" (this requires exploiting the AMA low blur reduction mode and using a profile toggle exploit).

(All of the Benq monitors before the XL2730Z V002 have far too aggressive and intense overdrive/RTA artifacts without doing the toggles; more information here:

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467 ; Only the XL2720Z is capable of perfect overdrive with Blur reduction disabled).

you seem to know a lot about them so maybe you could answer his main question which basically was are ANY of these benQ monitors noticeably better than the world famous VG248QE from ASUS which is priced the same?

you seem to know a lot about them so maybe you could answer his main question which basically was are ANY of these benQ monitors noticeably better than the world famous VG248QE from ASUS which is priced the same?

All of the 144hz monitors were better.  Keep in mind they all used the same panel, and the Benq XL2720T used the same panel as the VG278H.

What's striking is that the 24" M240HW01 V8 panel that the VG248QE used was used in all of the Benq 24" panels, while the 27" asus panels used the same one as the 27" 2720T, but they were limited to 120hz. Those original 27" panels were CMI 120hz parts, but even though the VG278H (the one with the built in 3d emitter) was 120hz, and the VG278HE (no emitter) was 144hz, the Benq XL2720Z seems to use a different panel (AU M27HTN01.0), even though both the CMI and AUO parts start as M27...

The original T series benqs used the same panel as the 144hz monitors but originally were limited to 120hz.  When they found the panels could run at 144hz reliably with firmware updates, newer versions with improved circuitry came out later.

http://display-corner.epfl.ch/index.php/BenQ_XL2420T

The VG248QE came out back when Benq still had 120hz lightboost monitors.  Then Benq came out with 144hz versions to compete.