Forum App....Why not!

sperkowsky

I have been reading this forum for a while now barely post but really like it.

I use my tablet (samsung galaxy tab 2) for all of my social networks. 

Because of this I always would of liked a linustechtips app. I myself do not know how to make apps but Im sure someone here probally does. This probally is not possible but if the community really wants it It could be. 

Even if no one wants to make the app I would donate to the cause to get one.

Whos in any ideas if its possible.

Being we are tech people most of us probally have android devices so it would make an impact on the community.

I Agree!

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I have a feeling Linus is working on one but he hasn't really focused on it since the website is fine enough and they keep having server issues.

The Syndicate

Sorry, but no.

The only problem I have with the mobile version is that I can't quote, but you can use @NameHere.

Tapatalk is great but it doesn't show quotes correctly here

I think a trading system and a more locked down giveaway section should be the priority, especially  a giveaway section for members, i cant tell you how many times ive seen people create a throwaway account with no more than 10 posts just to get on the giveaway thread and snatch games for free (or even worse, not make an account at all and just ninja game codes), then never post or contribute anything to the forum, that is not right and it has been bothering me for quite a while.

Those should be the priority before a mobile app, when all of the features we were promised get implemented, THEN i would like to see a mobile app : )

Yes. I would be willing to make one after I learn java this year in school and have some more programming xp!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I would be willing to throw down some cash for app development

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I use the desktop version on my phone if I go on. Otherwise I'm on the computer (as always)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

i would love to to see an linustechtips app 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Tapatalk works pretty well with it.....but if they were to make an official app it would probably cost alot of time and money to do it right and i'm sure linus will agree that they have neither the time or money to make an app

Tapatalk works pretty well with it.....but if they were to make an official app it would probably cost alot of time and money to do it right and i'm sure linus will agree that they have neither the time or money to make an app

How does it work pretty well if it doesn't show quotes correctly?

It would be good, but would have to be done by the developers of this forum as I've seen hundreds of simple apps like this one be fucked up by people who think they know programming languages but don't. I'd use it if it was actually good and was functional, but I'd still prefer to use desktop as I'm much more willing to type out a lengthy response with my keyboard than my phone.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

We should actually make our own LinusTechTips social network app... To see what is new, and to organize the live chat, now that would be cool!

I use the desktop version on my iPad Mini and it's fine, the only thing I think is needed is live chat, which I think needs to be on the website anyway, I'd happily work on the project if anyone is up for it, not for the threads ect, most likely just chat linked to the server on the website, like a shoutbox.

I would like to build an (android) app for the Linus Tech Tips forum, its the least what I can do in return for all the help. The problem is there aren't any API's and there isn't a way to easily fetch all the forum data to use that data for the app. If I would be able to have access to that kind of data it would make it a whole lot easy'er.

The forum has a built in app version, as well as prompts you to download Tapatalk when you visit the forum. This is true for both iOS and Andriod devices.

<p><a data-ipb="nomediaparse" style="text-decoration:none;!important" href="https://twitter.com/MrWizardLTT"><span style="color:#99ccff;">@MrWizardLTT</span></a>

Not needed, is tapatalk compatible.

All of my posts at least 300 have been off of my ipad. The only thing I would like changed is the posting options because I can't bold or centre etc and for usernames to be non link able because I tend to click them instead of topics. Making them smaller might work.

Tapatalk ... This forum is tapatalk compatible. 

Ya but, Tapatalk 4 does not show quotes as quotes, which makes reading through a thread quite annoying. Still havn't fixed that -.-'

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The forum has a built in app version, as well as prompts you to download Tapatalk when you visit the forum. This is true for both iOS and Andriod devices.

Ya but, Tapatalk 4 does not show quotes as quotes, which makes reading through a thread quite annoying. Still havn't fixed that -.-'

Am I right in the assumtion that this is a problem with Tapatalk 4 rather than LTT?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...