Pricing of the IPad Pro...good or bad?

Nineshadow

So, the IPad Pro has launched, and it costs $950 for the 128GB WiFi model in the US.

My first reaction was "Damn, that's way too expensive. It's a God damn tablet, it can't do too much. My Lenovo Y50 cost the same, and I paid VAT for it. But wait...it's not much more expensive than an iPhone.The hell?"

So then , I decided to check prices in local online stores (in Romania).

IPad Pro 128GB WiFi - $1275

IPhone 6S Plus 128GB - $1225

IPhone 6S 128GB - $1125

This made me realize that the tablet may actually be priced VERY close to their phones , but then...it should be more expensive, shouldn't it? I mean...way more materials, better processor, better screen...no 3D Touch though. So...does this emphasize that iPhones are way more expensive than they should be?

Anyway, the accessories do their jobs to make the IPad Pro ridiculously expensive. $169 for the keyboard ? Or was it $149? Can't remember. $100 for the stylus...

Not to mention

ipad_pro_apple_pencil_plugged_in-1006135

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's apple pricing so unless they half their prices I will always call them badly priced, as their profit margins are too high to not be considered robbery imo

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The way I see it, it's a powerful and promising device with a strange use case and an overly restrictive OS. I'd go with a Surface Pro 4 before I'd go with an iPad Pro.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i dont see what makes it better then a macbook. My main issue with it is that 128gb is piss poor. I understand the use for tablets but its hard to justify it at that price point.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The way I see it, it's a powerful and promising device with a strange use case and an overly restrictive OS. I'd go with a Surface Pro 4 before I'd go with an iPad Pro.

Me too. Surface Pro 4 looks like M$ finally figured out how to make a surface. Heck, iPad pro doesn't even have usb-c... Way to go backwards from the macbook...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Bad/Over priced.

I agree with the others; I would get a Surface Pro 4 before an iPad Pro.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's apple pricing so unless they half their prices I will always call them badly priced, as their profit margins are too high to not be considered robbery imo

You have to admit, they're geniuses. They sell $225 phones (AFTER R&D, iOS development, ect) for $800. Why do you think they get 80% of all smartphone profits with 15-20% of the phones?

I used to be quite active here.

Me too. Surface Pro 4 looks like M$ finally figured out how to make a surface. Heck, iPad pro doesn't even have usb-c... Way to go backwards from the macbook...

If Apple is able to add usb 3 speeds to the lightning connector and maintain the same connector, I think it'll be a better connector than type c. In fact, I wish that Apple would open up the lightning connector to other manufacturers cause it's that good.

If Apple is able to add usb 3 speeds to the lightning connector and maintain the same connector, I think it'll be a better connector than type c. In fact, I wish that Apple would open up the lightning connector to other manufacturers cause it's that good.

usb-c was made to bridge the gap. apple used it in one product and now they don't anymore. Makes sense? No.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

imo the lightning connectors better than usb c

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

You have to admit, they're geniuses. They sell $225 phones (AFTER R&D, iOS development, ect) for $800. Why do you think they get 80% of all smartphone profits with 15-20% of the phones?

They're fantastic businessmen, and I admire them for that. 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

imo the lightning connectors better than usb c

it doesn't matter, usb-c is industry standard, lightning is apple trademarked. You don't equip a "pro" device with a locked down connector.

also lightning connector is usb fucking 2.0, better my ass.

Spoiler

it doesn't matter, usb-c is industry standard, lightning is apple trademarked. You don't equip a "pro" device with a locked down connector.

adapters :P anyways the lighting connector last much longer than usb c from what i have seen

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

adapters :P anyways the lighting connector last much longer than usb c from what i have seen 

where have you seen many usb c connectors?

Spoiler

where have you seen many usb c connectors?

my case has usb c i have bought 2 connectors after one broke 

my case has usb c i have bought 2 connectors after one broke 

still, lightning is usb 2.0 speeds, it doesn't have enough pins, it's outdated.

Spoiler

still, lightning is usb 2.0 speeds, it doesn't have enough pins, it's outdated.

yes but it is more durable although i am curious as to whats next for apple cables