CM Hyper 212 Evo Stock Fan

legend8887

Should I replace the stock fan with the NF F12 fan from Noctua or is the stock fan good enough?

The stock fan is fine.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes, it is fine, but the old ones that came with Seidon's are absolutely horrible. hint: they arent clear.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

If you are having temperature issues the first thing I'd look at is ways to improve air flow through the chassis.  If that's not good then changing the cooler fan will not have much, if any impact.

Only after that would I change the cooler fan.  The Bitfenix Spectre Pro is nice, if not quite as quiet as the Noctua.

Should I replace the stock fan with the NF F12 fan from Noctua or is the stock fan good enough?

Like some have said, if you're having temp issues, I'd look into airflow through your system. Maybe clean up the wiring a little more, consider some front intake fans or an exhaust. If you want extra on the 212 Evo, an extra fan on the back in a pull setup would be nice, and you can get the same one from Cooler Master for under $10 shipped. 

If you are having temperature issues the first thing I'd look at is ways to improve air flow through the chassis.  If that's not good then changing the cooler fan will not have much, if any impact.

Only after that would I change the cooler fan.  The Bitfenix Spectre Pro is nice, if not quite as quiet as the Noctua.

I had the Spectre Pro PWM fans and the two of them in a push pull were really nice, just set them to a little lower RPM than full balls to the wall and they're pretty quiet ;-)

Like some have said, if you're having temp issues, I'd look into airflow through your system. Maybe clean up the wiring a little more, consider some front intake fans or an exhaust. If you want extra on the 212 Evo, an extra fan on the back in a pull setup would be nice, and you can get the same one from Cooler Master for under $10 shipped. 

I had the Spectre Pro PWM fans and the two of them in a push pull were really nice, just set them to a little lower RPM than full balls to the wall and they're pretty quiet ;-)

when I saw hyper 212 evo I couldnt resist and ask..  how did you manage to mount on the heatsink the spectre pro pwm fan?? I tried with the stock mounting kit but it doesn't fit.

can you give me any tips?

case:"accelerated"Therlmatake VA8000BWS Armor psu:EVGA Supernova G2 750w board:Asus M5A99 FX Pro R.2 

cpu:AMD FX 8350 ram:2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866mhz gpu:Sapphire Nitro R9 380  4gb

ssd:Samsung 850 EVO 250gb hdd: 2x1tb WD Caviar green cpu cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

when I saw hyper 212 evo I couldnt resist and ask..  how did you manage to mount on the heatsink the spectre pro pwm fan?? I tried with the stock mounting kit but it doesn't fit.

Why doesnt it fit? Dont you just put the clip on the fan and screw it in? The screws that come with the cooler suck ass, replace them with better ones.

I'm sorry, I probably should have mentioned it's the 120mm version, not the oblong weird looking 140mm. Just place the extra plastic tab things on the fan and screw it in, it just clips on the back like normal.

Why doesnt it fit? Dont you just put the clip on the fan and screw it in? The screws that come with the cooler suck ass, replace them with better ones.

Ehhh, they were okay. Just use a nice sized phillips and don't twist it too quickly. 

I'm sorry, I probably should have mentioned it's the 120mm version, not the oblong weird looking 140mm. Just place the extra plastic tab things on the fan and screw it in, it just clips on the back like normal.

Ehhh, they were okay. Just use a nice sized phillips and don't twist it too quickly.

They don't use the self tapping groove though.

I did use the 120mm spectre pwm pro but still doesn't fit!! I'm trying to upload a picture showng the problem but no luck..

post-287080-0-23022900-1447878415_thumb.

case:"accelerated"Therlmatake VA8000BWS Armor psu:EVGA Supernova G2 750w board:Asus M5A99 FX Pro R.2 

cpu:AMD FX 8350 ram:2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866mhz gpu:Sapphire Nitro R9 380  4gb

ssd:Samsung 850 EVO 250gb hdd: 2x1tb WD Caviar green cpu cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

got it through full editor..

got it through full editor..

so the holes don't line up perfectly? You could try just bending it a bit and screwing it in anyway, or try zip tying the clip to to the holes because the zip tie would allow some slack in the alignment

-snip-

Stock fan is fine. NF-F12 or Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 if you really want to never hear your system, but the stock fan itself is quite good at being quiet (Unless you force 100% fan speed or something).

If you want to have some fun though, you can put two Delta fans in push / pull like I do.

Stock fan is fine. NF-F12 or Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 if you really want to never hear your system, but the stock fan itself is quite good at being quiet (Unless you force 100% fan speed or something).

If you want to have some fun though, you can put two Delta fans in push / pull like I do.

Oh 120mm vortex server delta fans. Great fun.

so the holes don't line up perfectly? You could try just bending it a bit and screwing it in anyway, or try zip tying the clip to to the holes because the zip tie would allow some slack in the alignment

exactly! I'm not sure about that, I think I'll try and scrub the mounting surface of the fan to match more with the mounting kit, so the holes could line up more accurately.

thanks for all the help!!

Oh 120mm vortex server delta fans. Great fun.

Yep, I have three (Two on Hyper 212, one on rear exhaust) of the 3600RPM version (150CFM / 58dBA). At 400RPM, it's dead silent though. At 100% speed, it makes the dog run away from the PC.

I don't think my 2500K has ever gone over 60C even at 1.38v and 4.6GHz.

Fun fans though. They consume a lot of power though.

exactly! I'm not sure about that, I think I'll try and scrub the mounting surface of the fan to match more with the mounting kit, so the holes could line up more accurately.

thanks for all the help!!

can I see a photo from the side of the fan with the clip? I cwnt really see it on the original photo

can I see a photo from the side of the fan with the clip? I cwnt really see it on the original photo

give me a couple of minutes.. I'm zip tying it!!

you know what? I'm a douchebag! I put it all wrong!! consider it never happened..

sorry for that, it seemed right to me but when I tried to put the fan to the heatsink it was all wrong!! we're good now!!

and tomorrow I'll replace the stock fan with another spectre pro!

post-287080-0-05163800-1447882801_thumb.