A lot of Question about this....

AsukaNii
Go to solution Solved by yannickverc,

About the powerline in an extension lead: Don't do it. It works. BUT you lose a looooot of your speed. (I had 160 download and with powerline through 2 extension leads I had 20 left.)

Best thing you can do it buy a powerline adapter with a plug on the back (one like this) I did it and my download went from 20 to 100 :) 

Can you use any type of router with any type of modem?

Can you use powerline adaptor with extension lead?

What type of ethernet cable is the most powerfull?

do you like cat?

Shout out to Fanfiction Site

About the powerline in an extension lead: Don't do it. It works. BUT you lose a looooot of your speed. (I had 160 download and with powerline through 2 extension leads I had 20 left.)

Best thing you can do it buy a powerline adapter with a plug on the back (one like this) I did it and my download went from 20 to 100 :) 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Yes, but if you dont have a fast internet, you dont need a super fast router

Idk If you want to do this, most DIY like these dont end well as you should let the internet company handle that

Consumer You dont Need more than Cat 5e as that goes up to gigabit, if you have gigabit + you could go Cat 6 or 6a for higher price.

Cats are nice and fluffy exept dont pet their bellys

As long as there isn't too much of an age difference between the router and modem they should work fine.

Powerline adapters work with extension cables, but often lose a lot of their speed, especially if the extension has surge protection.

And the most powerful ethernet cable within the consumer market is the cat 6 cable. 

CPU: i7 4790k @4.6Ghz Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz DDR3 Case: NZXT Phantom 410 GPU: MSI GTX 980ti Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX PSU: Corsair 600w OS: Windows 8.1 Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker Elite Mouse: R.A.T 7 Monitors: Asus Pb287q (4k) + Asus VS239HV (1080p)

i just realised that powerline have a socket that you can put extension lead into :)

Shout out to Fanfiction Site