R9 290 Core Edition or titan z

Bajantechnician

which one should i get?

Also, ONLY these two cards.

(have a reason)

Also, which one is worth more, say i sell it in a month?

titan z

its two titan blacks, very similar to two 780tis, which perform slightly better than two 290xs

and if you watercool it you can overclock it a ton

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Very confused, but in terms of performance, the Titan Z.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

the 290 is a good card but the titan z is much much more powerful having said that if you dont feel like dealing with the problems that come with sli (because it IS a dual gpu) then get the 290. I personally prefer single card setups. but again if they are close to the same price for some reason for you, which i assume they are if those are the only choices, the titan z really is much much more powerful

-snip-

Well, the Titan Z performs better, but is also hella expensive, so... R9 290? I guess? IDK, if you can spend a LOT more than the Titan Z will perform better, and it'll make your e-peen feel better about itself :D

May I ask, what the hell are the circumstances here? Why only these two cards?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

wait, R9 290, or R9 295x2?

because 2 R9 290s will preform well, and cost a whole lot less.

Titan Z is a power-hungry 3 slot monster, and the 295x2 outperforms it by a ton

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Well, the Titan Z performs better, but is also hella expensive, so... R9 290? I guess? IDK, if you can spend a LOT more than the Titan Z will perform better, and it'll make your e-peen feel better about itself :D

i have a titan z (check my profile)

and i might trade for a  R9 290 Core Edition watercooled card,

so i was wondering if it was worth it.

R9 290 Core Edition 

titan z

its two titan blacks, very similar to two 780tis, which perform slightly better than two 290xs

and if you watercool it you can overclock it a ton

Very confused, but in terms of performance, the Titan Z.

TitanZ if you are into BDSM

Wait are they the same price?

the 290 is a good card but the titan z is much much more powerful having said that if you dont feel like dealing with the problems that come with sli (because it IS a dual gpu) then get the 290. I personally prefer single card setups. but again if they are close to the same price for some reason for you, which i assume they are if those are the only choices, the titan z really is much much more powerful

also, is it worth selling a superclocked titan z for 2 980s? (with a little extra cash?)

also, is it worth selling a superclocked titan z for 2 980s? (with a little extra cash?)

2 R9 390x > 2 GTX 980

2 GTX 980ti > everything else

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

i have a titan z (check my profile)

and i might trade for a  R9 290 Core Edition watercooled card,

so i was wondering if it was worth it.

WTF, an R9 290 Core edition is XFX's refence 290. For the love of god, keep the Titan Z

Edit: why the hell did you buy a Titan z if you have an fx 4300?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

WTF, an R9 290 Core edition is XFX's refence 290. For the love of god, keep the Titan Z

Edit: why the hell did you buy a Titan z if you have an fx 4300?

got the titan z for free

got the titan z for free

I have to ask how...lol

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

anyone with any logic would have sold the titan Z and bought a system that was actually balanced.

i had no logic 5 months ago xD

Apparently you still don't, because you had to consult the form on weather a 290 was better then a Titan Z.

i agree :)