GTX 950 Equivalent?

Go to solution Solved by GrandNebSmada,

Ok so I have decided what card I am getting.

Im getting the 270x from Gigabyte.

Thank you everyone for the help!

So I'm building a computer and I do not have the largest budget, the best  graphics card I have found for the price is a GTX 950 from ASUS, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a card that is better in performance for about the same cost? I am looking for a Nvidia based card but possibly open to an AMD based card if I like it.

(Current cost is about $160 USD)

Probably a R9 270x or some 380s or 285s can get that low.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

A 370 or a 380 on sale

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

r9 270x? You could fine a 380 2gb for about 180 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

R7 370 is pretty close

If you looked around you could probably find a 270x or even a 280 if your lucky that would crush it for around that price 

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Yeah and get that as a combo with the 2TB Samsung 850.. just as much storage as my 2TB Berracuda..

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

Ok so I have decided what card I am getting.

Im getting the 270x from Gigabyte.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Be sure the GPU fits in the case so check the specs. Also you don't need to buy any OS...you can always find it from someone for free as well as all its features.

The graphics card will fit. I am going to take out the HDD bay (it is removable) in that side of the case and that will allow me to get it in.  The other side has more slots for HDD's.

And honestly I'd rather buy the OS, mainly because getting it for free from "someone" seems pretty sketchy, and also I have no problem supporting the developers.  However, I am probably going to buy a Win 8.1 install and do the free upgrade to 10.

The graphics card will fit. I am going to take out the HDD bay (it is removable) in that side of the case and that will allow me to get it in.  The other side has more slots for HDD's.

And honestly I'd rather buy the OS, mainly because getting it for free from "someone" seems pretty sketchy, and also I have no problem supporting the developers.  However, I am probably going to buy a Win 8.1 install and do the free upgrade to 10.

Nice...by saying that you could not buy the OS i meant that you could save about 100$ and by a better GPU...but as long as you feel comfortable with you build and it fullfills your needs then go ahead. Have fun building your brand new PC and enjoy it.(holidays are coming)