How do I create Win 10 USB without ISO

dark_xzyph3r
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

no, the iso is the what you are putting on the usb and what has all the install files.

Hey guys, I have Win 10 installed right now and was wondering if there was a way to create a USB drive for a Windows 10 installer from the OS without having to download an ISO for it. Thanks.

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

You can create a bootable drive from the installer but that does require downloading.

If you are asking about using the installed windows files to somehow copy over to another PC then I doubt that there is a way. An Installer and the Windows it self is very different.

Doubt it is possible... Just get the media creation tool for Windows 10 from Microsofts site and choose to install a .iso.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Doubt it is possible... Just get the media creation tool for Windows 10 from Microsofts site and choose to install a .iso.

I would but it will be a crazy slow download with my shit internet :/

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

order an install disk?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think that's the only way unfortunately. Maybe you can go to a friend's house and steal his internet for half an hour lol.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

good news is, you only have to do it once. After that, you always have it. Download the installer tool, do NOT click on download iso. Click on the create usb drive installer or what ever it says.

What are your speeds BTW?

Might be wise to set a USB key aside to always be your Windows 10 install media then. :)

You're telling me? :P I type faster than my internet...

079421467cdcdf452ebcc82568730ce6.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

You're telling me? :P I type faster than my internet...

079421467cdcdf452ebcc82568730ce6.png

*emergency room*

Doctor: "What do we got here?"

Emergency Medical Technician: "A slow internet that is causing this patent to wait 4 days and 6 hours longer just to be able to install Fallout 4"

D: "OH MY GOD! This is the worst case I've seen in years!"

Nurse: "What do you need us to do doctor?"

D: "Get me the cable bill. I need people to check to see whether he is using WIFI or a wired connect to the router. You, check the rates and plans of his internet provider as well as their competitors. Call his internet provider to see if anything can be done immediately. Come on people, lets move Move MOVE!"

*emergency room*

Doctor: "What do we got here?"

Emergency Medical Technician: "A slow internet that is causing this patent to wait 4 days and 6 hours longer just to be able to install Fallout 4"

D: "OH MY GOD! This is the worst case I've seen in years!"

Nurse: "What do you need us to do doctor?"

D: "Get me the cable bill. I need people to check to see whether he is using WIFI or a wired connect to the router. You, check the rates and plans of his internet provider as well as their competitors. Call his internet provider to see if anything can be done immediately. Come on people, lets move Move MOVE!"

only isp I have available... Paying for 3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up... Supposed to be 50ms ping or less to a 50 mile server.. I usually am all over the place from 47-500+ms ping, .05-2.8Mb/s down, and .01-.5Mb/s up... :(

Spoiler

Spoiler

only isp I have available... Paying for 3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up... Supposed to be 50ms ping or less to a 50 mile server.. I usually am all over the place from 47-500+ms ping, .05-2.8Mb/s down, and .01-.5Mb/s up... :(

What are you paying and to whome?