Just Started to Fold!

I joined the team guys! :)

post-17906-0-26383500-1377094315_thumb.p

post-17906-0-13330600-1377094333_thumb.p

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Welcome! Thanks for helping curing diseases!

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Great job!

Thanks. :D

When I started to Fold, my CPU usage shot up all the way to 100%. Even moving a window is laggy. Still worth it though.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Thanks. :D

When I started to Fold, my CPU usage shot up all the way to 100%. Even moving a window is laggy. Still worth it though.

Looking forward to seeing a folding@home badge under your name :D

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I haven't folded recently because of heat, but I use to fold for techpowerup!

Tag along and fold with us! If you dont want to deal with the heat, fold during the Winter season.

I joined the team guys! :)

attachicon.gifF@H 2.PNG

attachicon.gifF@H Identity.PNG

Your getting a badge

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Your getting a badge

Horray!

Awesome! Hope you get your badge soon =D 

I'll be waiting for it. :)

Tag along and fold with us! If you dont want to deal with the heat, fold during the Winter season.

Probably will, but my air conditioner gets loud in the summer when my computer is under load.

Can you change the workload while folding, and not have it reset your progression?

Welcome to the team :)

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Welcome to the team :)

Thanks! :)

Can you change the workload while folding, and not have it reset your progression?

Changing workload while folding does not reset your progression.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Changing workload while folding does not reset your progression.

Does your GPU fold while on medium?

Does your GPU fold while on medium?

No only while on full. I hope more options for gpu folding will be added later.  @Whaler_99 knows more about that :)

No only while on full. I hope more options for gpu folding will be added later.  @Whaler_99 knows more about that :)

Alright, thanks! 

We are all hoping for more options on the next version.

Recommend, you leave it on medium while doing day-to-day stuff. This is perfect for most people. Then just make sure you have your power options set to never put the computer to sleep and a screen saver timeout of say 5 minutes. Once your screen saver starts, CPU goes to 100% and the GPU's start Folding again. This is the best setting for most people.

Also, I recommend, from the icon in the Systray, go into the Advanced menu. Couple of changes. Click Configure - then on the CPU slot - if it says 8 or -1, change it to 7 (I assume you have an 8 core unit). Leave one core free for the GPU and general work. Also, on the GPU slot, add in the advanced Flag.

Check the FAQ pinned at the top for more details and info.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I wish I had that PPD, Maybe some day lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I wish I had that PPD, Maybe some day lol

What do you have right now?

Also, I recommend, from the icon in the Systray, go into the Advanced menu. Couple of changes. Click Configure - then on the CPU slot - if it says 8 or -1, change it to 7 (I assume you have an 8 core unit). Leave one core free for the GPU and general work. Also, on the GPU slot, add in the advanced Flag.

Check the FAQ pinned at the top for more details and info.

I dont see the Advances menu in my System tray...

Found it!