(US-EVGA B-stock) gtx 980's and more from EVGA 359$

0ld_Chicken

I have a 970 from msi. Is it worth getting another 970 or should i just get a 980?

Generally no. What specifically are you doing with it?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Generally no. What specifically are you doing with it?

Gaming every once in a while. But when I do play games it games like GTA V , fall out, far cry . Over all demanding games. I also have a 4790k and Asus VI Hero and 16 gb of ram 

A second 970 would get you massive improvements (up too 80% in well optimized games) in SLI enabled titles. While a 980 would get you about/upto a 20% improvement everywhere. you your focused on AAA games that usually get SLI support quickly I would go for the second 970. if you spend some time on titles that get less love from Nvidia  for drivers I would consider the 980 (IMHO it's not worth buying a new 980 card over a second 970. I know an argument could be made for the 980TI but it is noticeable pricier)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

A second 970 would get you massive improvements (up too 80% in well optimized games) in SLI enabled titles. While a 980 would get you about/upto a 20% improvement everywhere. you your focused on AAA games that usually get SLI support quickly I would go for the second 970. if you spend some time on titles that get less love from Nvidia  for drivers I would consider the 980 (IMHO it's not worth buying a new 980 card over a second 970. I know an argument could be made for the 980TI but it is noticeable pricier)

Thanks I will definitely consider the 970. the big question is do i need it and I should be able to determine that after playing the new AAA games. thanks!

I recently got a 750 Ti for $103 USD from here! Looks perfectly new to me lol!

Not sure how good the 750 Ti is... but it'll work for what I want!

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

I'm super pleased that they still have inventory!  this might just last long enough for me to get one!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Just a heads up.

My buddy just got screwed on this. He got a B stock and it was defective. Not a scratch and dent, had serious issues.

So he called Evga to Refund. He has to pay shipping to send it back AND a 15% restocking fee. So basically he just paid over $50 to test a defective card.

This personally disgusts me and I'd never buy one of these. He said he'll never buy anything Evga again.

Careful. This may be a rare case but these B stocks might not be worth saving a few pennies.

Just a heads up.

My buddy just got screwed on this. He got a B stock and it was defective. Not a scratch and dent, had serious issues.

So he called Evga to RMA. He has to pay shipping to send it back AND a 15% restocking fee. So basically he just paid over $50 to test a defective card.

This personally disgusts me and I'd never buy one of these. He said he'll never buy anything Evga again.

Careful. This may be a rare case but these B stocks might not be worth saving a few pennies.

He should only need to pay the restocking fee if he is returning for a refund instead of a replacement and even then it should only be charged if they find the card as not defective when they get it.

He should only need to pay the restocking fee if he is returning for a refund instead of a replacement and even then it should only be charged if they find the card as not defective when they get it.

Yeah I just edited. It's for a return and not an RMA. He should probably just go for the RMA.

Won't cost the 15% there and I'm guessing the chances of getting another defect are very slim. Still a lot of hassle to save just a few bucks.

Told him to get the Gigabyte instead :P

Should have just went with the RMA. But... hells bells... it happens.

B-stock sometimes is probably cards that get returned from people and they test them really fast just to see if they run..

They probably do run but they don't do a bunch of tests on it and it actually runs like crap after some actual stress testing.

Just a theory though.

*hhnnnnngg!!!* Those are some nice prices......
Right now I have 2 Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X OC Edition in X-fire. How do you think the performance of a single GTX 960 FTW 4GB card would compare? Because if I can get better performance out of one 960 FTW, then I may pick one of those up and put the R9 280's in a folding rig.....

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

How often do they restock on cards? I'd love to get my hands on an SSC 970.

I also received one of my GTX 980 ACX 2.0 SC version. Card looked pretty new but some defects are there. The E from EVGA doesn't light up and does not  boost to 1367 MHz (it boosted to about 1310 MHz. Yes I tested the card by itself.) as advertised. I also tried refunding it but they said 15% charge will be applied so I decided to RMA. It's in testing process so hopefully it gets back to me by next week.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Right now I have 2 Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X OC Edition in X-fire. How do you think the performance of a single GTX 960 FTW 4GB card would compare?

you have two R9 280s in crossfire? One 280 alone is about equal to a GTX 960.

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

Now if only Intel had a B-Stock type deal... xD

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

its kinda like a scratch and dent deal that they do regularly.  "factory recertified"  but it's got nothing to do with black friday, they're all available now!  but they do sell out wicked quick

actually, that Titan X has been on there for a while now

I just picked up a gtx 980 reference sc for $385 shipped. Did I make the right choice? as most of you guys know the 970 was around $250 so maybe i should of gotten the 970 and overclocked it. But than again a 980 at 970 price range was too good for me to give up.. any thoughts? 

i7 3770k - sandisk ssd -evga gtx 660 - kraken x61 - 16gb corsair vengeance - nzxt h440 - logitech g502 proteus core- hackintosh = badass  

I'd get the FTW+ if I had to. Unless you have the later batches of 970 ftw, you wouldn't have a problem with coil whine. I didn't have any problem with mine but lots of people complained and it got address with Ftw+ and later batches of ftw.

If you get any coil whine on any card, just try folding with for a day or two, supposedly cure whatever makes the whine.

well, i had to jinx myself with my earlier comment. I got the FTW+ edition, and it worked for a few days with intermittent crashing; i thought my ram or psu was going bad. Evga just gave me an RMA for the card based on my description of errors lol. yaaaaaaay.

Shame it's only NA, does the UK and Europe have any B-Stock retailers at all to keep an eye on?

I'm super pleased that they still have inventory!  this might just last long enough for me to get one!

did you end up getting one? not to scare you off, but mine is being sent back in for repair/replacement.

did you end up getting one? not to scare you off, but mine is being sent back in for repair/replacement.

no, I've already got one from b stock in the past but im having mobo problems at the moment so I'll be sitting out this b stock event.

Im sorry you've had problems with yours!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

no, I've already got one from b stock in the past but im having mobo problems at the moment so I'll be sitting out this b stock event.

Im sorry you've had problems with yours!

fortunately i got an rma and stuff before they shut down for like the 2 weeks that is advertised on their support page, so I should get another one back in about a week. as long as the next one isnt messed up as well, then i should be good. Having trouble figuring/deciding the most reliable way to adapt to a 8pin pcie plu, anyway

getting the PSU, crossing my fingers 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!