Maxwell Arriving in Q1 2014

M-ursu

This will be epic clash of the TITANS :D

Another sensationalist article which M-Ursa spreads in order to create even more chaos.

1. No new Radeons have been announced as of today, all about them is pure bullshit and speculations.

2. Maxwell is dependant on the foundry and not on Nvidia, won't happen until foundry has 20nm for GPUs ready.

3. I'm not seeing any news from Nvidia about any Kepler GPUs, another speculation.

This whole topic is just theory-crafting. Nothing to see here, move along, just another trolololo from M-Ursa and him alike.

1. Yes, as of today, but they will be announced September 25th. Without a doubt. 
  2. Agreed there.
  3. This.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Another sensationalist article which M-Ursa spreads in order to create even more chaos.

1. No new Radeons have been announced as of today, all about them is pure bullshit and speculations.

2. Maxwell is dependant on the foundry and not on Nvidia, won't happen until foundry has 20nm for GPUs ready.

3. I'm not seeing any news from Nvidia about any Kepler GPUs, another speculation.

This whole topic is just theory-crafting. Nothing to see here, move along, just another trolololo from M-Ursa and him alike.

Hmm... you sure know how to type my name correctly.

Maxwell looks like it's gonna be super powerful. They are double staking this time around and on the roadmap Nvidia expect the performance difference to be greater than the last. It would be really cool to see Nvidia come out with something really powerful just for AMD to come out and try and match it. The good thing is that there is competition in the GPU space unlike the CPU market where Intel is completely dominant. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Maxwell looks like it's gonna be super powerful. They are double staking this time around and on the roadmap Nvidia expect the performance difference to be greater than the last. It would be really cool to see Nvidia come out with something really powerful just for AMD to come out and try and match it. The good thing is that there is competition in the GPU space unlike the CPU market where Intel is completely dominant. 

It won't be powerful that is for sure, Nvidia cancelled the big maxwell chip and only continued development of the smaller one to replace the 770/680 market segment, not only that but it's going to be coming very late that it won't have any significant impact on the market.

What's more worrying is that for the upcoming six to nine months Nvidia will have nothing to compete with against Volcanic Islands except the 700 series, so price cuts are inevitable.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/08/07/amd-to-launch-hawaii-in-hawaii/

AMD is going to cash in big time on the holiday season sales with their Hawaii based cards, unfortunately Nvidia has no choice but to lower prices to try and stay competitive.

wait Q1 ????

is that a bit too soon ?????

really weird

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Q1 sounds a bit too early for 20nm, is it going to be a 28nm chip ? we've had enough those already...

yes it is 28nm, read my topic even bold that part. :)

Sounds awesome....hopefully NV will release some official news soon.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

1. True, but they definitely have something up their sleeves.

2. TSMC Already is doing 20nm.

3. Once again, something up their sleeves.

and lastly, you should work on your people skills, because you sound like a bit of a jerk. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

1. True, but they definitely have something up their sleeves.

2. TSMC Already is doing 20nm.

3. Once again, something up their sleeves.

and lastly, you should work on your people skills, because you sound like a bit of a jerk.

Your last sentence is so true!

damn i dont know what go for now 

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Man, AMD "we are not releasing any new products in 2013" move really made nVIDIA lose his ground,

Ha

Ha

Not really, the Kepler refresh was a small one and fairly insignificant. Just 3 cards, so they were't really a full refresh. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Sheesh it seems like there's a new gpu every time i poop.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Sheesh it seems like there's a new gpu every time i poop.

lol

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

I would really like Nvidia to continue making TITAN like GPU's, so I hope there's a new one coming out.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

There is no need for 28nm GPU's anymore the Architecture is already on the Limit.
We need Maxwell with 20nm and Unified Memory.
And Unified Memory is the most Important, because the Vram is a huge bottleneck that the PC has over the Ps4/XboxOne.

RTX2070OC 

The Shield is the only reason I'd consider choosing Nvidia next time, but even then, assuming a fully-functional device that's out of beta, I still can't justify it...

It's kind of funny, too. It feels like the 700 series JUST came out lol

Guess that the 760 TI is not going to be released since the 800 series is coming Q1 2014?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer