Cryorig R1 or NH-D15?

overco

I very much would like the get the NH-D15 but the color throws it off for me, on the other hand, the Cryorig R1 is very aesthetically pleasing to me but I am worried about performance between the two. Is there a difference?

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - basically as quiet as Noctua, as efficient as Noctua - looks better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The reviews I've seen still have the D15 ahead. You could slap on some black fans (like from Fractal) and be fine. The heatsink is god mode.

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - basically as quiet as Noctua, as efficient as Noctua - looks better.

There's almost a 10 degree difference between the two on load with an overclocked CPU. Dark Rock is still a good choice though.

There's almost a 10 degree difference between the two on load with an overclocked CPU. Dark Rock is still a good choice though.

There's 1 or 2 fanboys of that cooler that promote it all the time mate.  :lol:

@OP, the Cryorig R1 is comparable in performance, go with whatever you prefer the look of, or whatever is cheaper for you. Personally i'd get the Noctua.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

With the Noctua you could get some of the industrial or LTT fans if you don't like the poo colour.

Steve

The reviews I've seen still have the D15 ahead. You could slap on some black fans (like from Fractal) and be fine. The heatsink is god mode.

I would like to keep the budget to the cooler itself, because going and spending 30$ on fans for an already 92$ heatsink is not fun.

CPU_OC_typical_a.gif

The biggest difference I've seen was 5 degrees in a specific situation. It's around 3 degrees on average. I'd still get the Be Quiet! cause Noctua stuff is ugly AF, the LTT fans excluded.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The biggest difference I've seen was 5 degrees in a specific situation. It's around 3 degrees on average. I'd still get the Be Quiet! cause Noctua stuff is ugly AF, the LTT fans excluded.

The last one I saw was a 10 degree difference, but yeah now I'm seeing more of an average of 5 and 3. Didn't know it was that close. I'd still wager the Noctua would be more quiet and efficient. Though if it came down to it I would look at which is less expensive, and if you'd be able to put up with Be Quiet's horrible mounting mechanism. 

The last one I saw was a 10 degree difference, but yeah now I'm seeing more of an average of 5 and 3. Didn't know it was that close. I'd still wager the Noctua would be more quiet and efficient. Though if it came down to it I would look at which is less expensive, and if you'd be able to put up with Be Quiet's horrible mounting mechanism. 

Yeah it was a bit tough to mount it all by myself, but mounting on my dad's X99 platform didn't require a backplate so it wasn't that hard ^^ It's dead-quiet though, seriously, you cannot even hear that thing. It was in a H440 Razer Edition, looked dope and was silent AF ^^

Do you have an overclock running on your 5930k?

I used it when I had a 4790k On that I was at 4.8 

Now with my 5930k on the h110gt Im at 4.7

R1 Ultimate for the win. it's basically a D15 that doesn't look like crap.

iirc with the fans at full tilt the R1 actually beats it, while being a couple of Db louder (but you should never be running the fans that fast anyway)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I'm a huge fan of the R1 looks great, comparatively cheap performs just as well and installs in like a minute 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

It's just opinion, man. I would get the Noctua for legendary customer service and build quality, but Cryorig is also making quite the name for themselves in quality and service, and the R1 isn't ugly as sin.

The R1 also has way fewer memory issues in terms of clearance, but Noctua is also the Good Guy of the industry and will mail you new mounting hardware for new sockets.

See, I could make points back and forth like this for quite awhile, but it's easier to just tell you to get whichever is cheaper. You'll regret neither.

With the Noctua you could get some of the industrial or LTT fans if you don't like the poo colour.

I don't believe they make industrial noctuas that fit the nh-d15.

It uses 140mm fans with 120mm mounting holes I believe.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089