Plz i need help with my fps pc problem

omgaboroos

Hi all

thanks from the begnning for helping

the problem is my pc is new 3 days old just got it and the specs are :

1- intel I-7 4790 CPU 3.60 GHz

2- ram 16 GB

3- NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

yet i run cs go on stupid 40-60 fps with mad fps unstable ups + downs the max number of fps i reached was fucken 100 and when offline with bots and its drop to 88 and

then to 60 and lower and go on but not higher than 100

im not really that expert about this but i just spent all my money on this pc

please if u got a way of helping me ill be more than thankfu

Regards

Your GPU is worse then a toaster.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Hi all

2- ram 16 GB

3- NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

yet i run cs go on stupid 40-60 fps with mad fps unstable ups + downs the max number of fps i reached was fucken 100 and when offline with bots and its drop to 88 and

then to 60 and lower and go on but not higher than 100

im not really that expert about this but i just spent all my money on this pc

please if u got a way of helping me ill be more than thankfu

Regards

Spend more money on CPU than GPU and this is the result

That's a really bad GPU btw, a stronger GPU should always be priority in a gaming build

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Spend more money on CPU than GPU and this is the result

That's a really bad GPU btw, a stronger GPU should always be priority in a gaming build

A GPU Over £40 ($49) New should be the priority :P

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Please tell me you bought this from like a friend or something, and that you didn't pick the parts and built it yourself, because the choice in CPU and GPU is really bad, it should have been the other way around. All you can do is to get a new GPU.

But either way I would recommend you to ask people in the forums before buying a new computer, avoiding stuff like this to happen! Good luck :)

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Im amazed with the comments of people!.

Here what u can go, Play on Low setting with Low resolution. I have and OLD laptop with GT555m in it and i play csgo with 150-200 fps on low settings with 13xx resolution, Because of your GPU that is not strong enough to play CSGO on high resolution. I'd suggest you to lower the graphics along with the resolution and Turn off "Vsync" in video setting. Do this and let me know if you still have Fps issue. thanks

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Well. The coments above basically answer your question. Your Graphics card is the issue. Upgrading to a GTX 960+ will do the trick. 

£200 for the CPU and £50 for GPU is a little bit silly. When building I would personally try and keep the price ranges close. So, If I were in your shoes I would purchase a GPU that is around the same price as your CPU... If you cant get the money to do this. reduce graphics. 

Always research on LinusTechTips youtube channel or ask for suggestions with your budget on the forums, and you should be good to go!

I have the GTX 970 and it will play virtually any game at atleast 60fps. including new titles such as Fallout4. Price to performance ratio with GTX 970 is brilliant.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

And while waiting on new GPU (it really is that bad), install newest drivers and lower graphic settings. You can also try if iGPU runs better. For that you need to connect monitor to mobo and install Intel drivers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Im amazed with the comments of people!.

Here what u can go, Play on Low setting with Low resolution. I have and OLD laptop with GT555m in it and i play csgo with 150-200 fps on low settings with 13xx resolution, Because of your GPU that is not strong enough to play CSGO on high resolution. I'd suggest you to lower the graphics along with the resolution and Turn off "Vsync" in video setting. Do this and let me know if you still have Fps issue. thanks

i did lower all my specs even from the nivida driver for peformance and when i say the fps is 60 with my lower and best trys to reach it

and thanks all for making it clear and i didnt buy it from frined or something its a thinkcentre from lenovo

and thanks all for making it clear and i didnt buy it from frined or something its a thinkcentre from lenovo

Those are meant for office use. Not really any gaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi all

2- ram 16 GB

3- NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

The GPU is the problem, i belive the intergrated intel HD graphics might be better than the GT 730 lol

The computer isnt  meant for gaming

Never buy prebuildts, they usually have a overkill CPU ( like the i7) , lots of ram and a crappy GPU, majority of people  think that they need an i7 and lots of RAM for games, which is not true.

CPU: ~ 320€

GPU: ~ 50€

How much did the PC cost?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The GPU is the problem, i belive the intergrated intel HD graphics might be better than the GT 730 lol

The computer isnt  meant for gaming

Never buy prebuildts, they usually have a overkill CPU ( like the i7) , lots of ram and a crappy GPU, majority of people  think that they need an i7 and lots of RAM for games, which is not true.

That isn't true and not related to this case. Thinkcenters are really for heavy office use where i7s and media GPUs are needed. Like handling GIS software. Gaming oriented prebuild from Lenovo, Dell (or MSI, Asus etc.) can be used as gaming machine. I wouldn't get one as they have very limited upgrade path. But it doesn't mean one should never get one as they aren't meant fior gaming as whole. Please, don't make such generalizations.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That isn't true and not related to this case. Thinkcenters are really for heavy office use where i7s and media GPUs are needed. Like handling GIS software. Gaming oriented prebuild from Lenovo, Dell (or MSI, Asus etc.) can be used as gaming machine. I wouldn't get one as they have very limited upgrade path. But it doesn't mean one should never get one as they aren't meant fior gaming as whole. Please, don't make such generalizations.

but op was aiming at gaming , and it would still be better to build your own " think centre"

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but op was aiming at gaming , and it would still be better to build your own " think centre"

Still. Never is big word. Prebuilds have their place, even in gaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Your processor and RAM are excellent for gaming but you GPU is not. The GT series line of GPUs are not meant for gaming, the GTX series is. Even though your processor and RAM are great, you are still getting fps issues because games are more graphics intensive rather than CPU intensive ( with a few exceptions like Witcher 3 which can be intensive on the CPU ). The GPU you should get depends on what type of games you play. If you are playing games like CS:GO and LOL, a GTX 950 or an R7 270 and R7 370 will be good. If you are running more graphics intensive games, GPUs like the GTX 960, 970 and 980 or the R9 380x and 390 will be good.

Your decision on what GPU you should get also depends on the resolution you run. A GTX 960 or 970 and an R9 370, 380 and 380x will be good for 1080p while a GTX 980 or R9 390 will be good for 1440p and a GTX 980ti and the R9 390x are good for 4k. So if you get a 980ti but run 1080p, you are wasting your money.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

Your processor and RAM arehzxcellent for gaming but you GPU is not. The GT series line of GPUs are not meant for gaming, the GTX series is. Even though your processor and RAM are great, you are still getting fps issues because games are more graphics intensive rather than CPU intensive ( with a few exceptions like Witcher 3 which can be intensive on the CPU ). The GPU you should get depends on what type of games you play. If you are playing games like CS:GO and LOL, a GTX 950 or an R9 270 and R9 370 will be good. If you are running more graphics intensive games, GPUs like the GTX 960, 970 and 980 or the R9 380x and 390 will be good.

Your decision on what GPU you should get also depends on the resolution you run. A GTX 960 or 970 and an R9 370, 380 and 380x will be good for 1080p while a GTX 980 or R9 390 will be good for 1440p and a GTX 980ti and the R9 390x are good for 4k. So if you get a 980ti but run 1080p, you are wasting your money.

Except that a 980ti isnt a waste on 1080p considering I have a 144hz monitor and in most AAA games I dont actually hit that mark, but get near it. And OP try and return that PC if you can, you might be able to find something more cost effective or build a PC yourself.

I think the HD 4600 in the i7-4790 is still slower than the GT 730, but it's certainly awkwardly close. The GT 730 should be about equal to Skylake's HD 530.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Except that a 980ti isnt a waste on 1080p considering I have a 144hz monitor and in most AAA games I dont actually hit that mark, but get near it. And OP try and return that PC if you can, you might be able to find something more cost effective or build a PC yourself.

A 980ti will totally rock at 1080p. What I'm saying is that there is wasted performance as it is meant to run on 4k. But I see where you're coming from, being able to max out games with great fps to boot

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5