Tips on a homemade desk.

devenson2017

I'm thinking of building a desk out of plywood. Not the crap kind, the nice thick kind. I just don't know how i should do the design of it. I have many tools at the ready. All I'm asking for is tips and trick to building a desk.

|My Rig| |Intel Core i5-6600K @ 4.70GHz| |GT 740| |16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2133MHz| |240GB PNY SSD, 1TB WD Blue (RAID 0), 320GB Backup Drive| |Corsair 600C| |EVGA Supernove 850 G2| 

I'm thinking of building a desk out of plywood. Not the crap kind, the nice thick kind. I just don't know how i should do the design of it. I have many tools at the ready. All I'm asking for is tips and trick to building a desk.

you tube? 

or just get some milk crates and lay a board ontop of it and wall a a desk =)

but its all based on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend 

Go to lowes, pick good,straight planks. 

I would personally just make it out of planks. thicker, sturdier wood, and it's dirt-cheap for a lot of it. But whatever floats your boat.

Get a piece of paper and draw how you'd like it to look. Then figure out the dimensions of the desk based on where you want it to be.

AND USE WOOD SCREWS. DON'T USE NAILS.

Thanks, I'm thinking this because I made a rolling cart with some plywood for A/V at my school and it turned out to hold a computer pretty well. (We used it to hold an older PC and we played WaW zombie maps on it)

|My Rig| |Intel Core i5-6600K @ 4.70GHz| |GT 740| |16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2133MHz| |240GB PNY SSD, 1TB WD Blue (RAID 0), 320GB Backup Drive| |Corsair 600C| |EVGA Supernove 850 G2| 

http://removeandreplace.com/2013/07/17/how-to-build-a-workbench-for-your-garage-to-get-organized/

It's the plans I used for mine. Exept the upper shelf and the backplate and I shortened the legs.

I made this exact workbench and then found out the design is actually quite good for a PC desk once modified a little.