GTA V Publisher targets modders with private investigators

Misanthrope

For those of you blaming Rockstar, Rockstar is fine with modding. Their publisher, Take Two, is not, and is the one responsible for this.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I literally remember the supreme court making a ruling saying that a user can mod their program or a m i just crazy?

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Modding is what kept GTA IV alive lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Feeling good about being in the 1% who didn't buy this game. Rockstar is a piece of shit and so is their publisher.

Rockstar? Lol Rockstar is at the very least one of the better game companies.

Better than Ubisoft, Treyarch, EA, and more. The gaming community is one of the most stubborn communities. No matter what people do, everyone is still,unhappy. Like the Lowrider DLC, people said this should lf been out months ago. Well would,you rather NOT have the DLC? Same with heist. People say Pay to Win for GTA V. Erm... Took me arounds 2-3 hours to get 750k. Ohh whoopie. Half the stuff is useless to buy like the Golden Jet, ect. Just gotta manage what you buy.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Maybe instead of going after modders they should FIX THEIR GOD DAMN GAME.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474899-just-lost-both-of-my-gta-online-characters/

I lost two characters adding up to 250 hours of gameplay, GONE.

I'm not buying a GTA game again and now I'm not buying a Rockstar game ever again.

Lazy fucking company.

As someone who actually have followed FiveM a bit before, I'll add some info to this entire story.

First off, FiveM actually started out trying their best to FORCE people to have the GTA V to be able to play their server. They implemented the rockstar login into their build so to confirm people had the game to play their servers. 

Rockstar, funnily enough, interfered with FiveM trying to run DRM through rockstar's own implementation. I don't remember what happened but after that FiveM COULDN'T use that implementation anymore. Rockstar basically said "fuck you!" back then. Of course FiveM lived on. With what DRM implementation I don't know.

The point of FiveM was to create servers that had more functionality than vanilla. Such as allowing scripts to be added in the free roam (I guess now that exists in some form with the latest update I guess), increasing player cap, and mod support.

My friends and I have logged at least a hundred hours in GTA V and honestly, we're bored of the vanilla multiplayer. There's so many mods out there but playing in singlplayer isn't fun. I hoped in a few years we could use FiveM to play multiplayer with mods. Guess that ain't happening.

So why did Take Two do this? Shark cards. These are in game purchasable items that are basically in game money. Yes, you can purchase GTA V multiplayer in game money if you didn't know. If FiveM was successful, I guess Take Two thought their shark cards won't be sold as well anymore so they decided to pull the plug directly now.

I sort of understand why Take Two would do this, they love their shark cards, but still, why couldn't they collaborate with FiveM like FiveM wanted to in the first place? Instead of screwing them over and over again... I guess I'll never get to play GTA V modded online :(

What kind of retard doesn't want people to mod their game? Do they not understand how that can help their sales? I went out and boy Skyrim a THIRD time because PC would allow me to mod. The same with the Fallout games. In fact, I repurchased GTA:SA and GTA:IV on PC so I could mod them!

But whatever. Slap your customers in the face and lose money. I don't care.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wow people really have no idea what this mod would have done to GTA: O lol, R* is a business! We get free DLC in return for stupid people buying shark cards, what this mod did was make shark cards irrelevant while playing it's version of GTA: O. This was a direct competitor to R* intentional or not! R* is not in the wrong here!

Also over on the GTA forums we have been discussing the possibility of something similar happening to a "leaker" that has all of a sudden gone silent on his so called "leaks" the "leaks" are still not confirmed nor is he a trusted "leaker" in the community but what he shared had stuff looking quite authentic with others being questionable. Just thought this had some relevance.