Decisions.. decisions.. Looking for monitor

WereCat

Hi there.

I am looking for monitor for christmas.

It must be IPS/PLS or something simmilar and I would really like to step up from 60Hz so I would like to get something 100Hz+.

I was looking at 21:9 1440p curved monitors and I really like them and want them but those are way too much expensive.

So I was looking at 4k monitos but so far I can only find 60Hz ones that are fairly cheap (which I am willing to make exception for and go with 60Hz on 4k) but then there is issue. I waas looking at the 40" Korean monitors which are fairly cheap at around $550 - $700 but they seem to have quite a big latency which I find OK for most games but I reall like to play CS:GO and I feel like that will be an issue there.

Finaly I was looking at 1440p 16:9 monitors which got a lot more affordable however I dont know which to pick. For 1440p 16:9 I am willing to pay $350 max as I dont see reason to pay as much for it as I could pay for 4k. I was looking at this one however I am not sure how good it is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH1NB1871 (apparently it is overclockable to 120Hz??)

reviews seem to be mostly positive but I would like some of your advice or other recommendation if you know something better.

BTW: I am from EU so I will be either buying from EBAY with free shipping or in my country or anywhere world wide with free shipping only.

That monitor is okay, but bear in mind you will need to find the monitor in the EU if you want to avoid import tax, VAT and customs duties. While Newegg may offer free shipping, you're looking at 20% more than what Newegg sell it for, at the very least. 

EDIT: Have a look at the Dell U2515H. Amazon.de have it for around 300 EUR, and all you'd pay extra for is the shipping (no import fees within the EU). It's a beautiful monitor. 

EDIT2: Also, you may be able to get an Amazon Prime trial (you can cancel it before they charge you) to get free shipping. 

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Question is: Will he buy it from the UK?

Pretty sure its available in EU

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

That monitor is okay, but bear in mind you will need to find the monitor in the EU if you want to avoid import tax, VAT and customs duties. While Newegg may offer free shipping, you're looking at 20% more than what Newegg sell it for, at the very least. 

EDIT: Have a look at the Dell U2515H. Amazon.de have it for around 300 EUR, and all you'd pay extra for is the shipping (no import fees within the EU). It's a beautiful monitor. 

EDIT2: Also, you may be able to get an Amazon Prime trial (you can cancel it before they charge you) to get free shipping. 

I totaly forgot on import tax... thanks for reminding.

I would really like some bigger monitor since I have 23" now and it is very small screen when I want to play from bed with controller. Something around 30" at least would suffice I think. Guess I will have to stick to 60Hz on that price point though.

I may try the amazon prime trial if I will be shopping there.

Personaly I dont really care that much about Free Sync / G-Sync.. it would certainly be nice to have. Also I dont see point of having 24" 4k monitor. I see advantage of 4k in having really big monitor which you can use from up close as it will provide you with really big screen real estate. Also you dont have any scaling issues then.

• 3 weeks later...