How can I convince my mum?

Overkilled

Why would you want to sell something that your mom gave you? Don't you want to treasure it?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You could use a lot of discipline there, mate. How about you save that money instead of wasting it on take away.

Consider yourself lucky you're not my child. I truly feel sorry for your mother...

so you'd rather cook for someone over letting them be independent and find they're own food?

Logic?

so you'd rather cook for someone over letting them be independent and find they're own food?

Logic?

Please kid, stay in school.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Hold the phone

Your mum has bought you your PC, an xbox, all your old consoles, smart watch etc.........

and you are complaining? dude you are 14, you dont need triple monitors, you dont need (or have the right) to waste your mums money on stupid toys you dont need

be thankful she has done so much for you so far

this just here proves your are completely spoiled, and since "mummy" wont let you have your own way, you are having a tantrum

Why should your mum buy you triple monitors when you have a perfectly functional gaming pc already

I already addressed this multiple times she didn't buy my computer and why do you feel the need to go out your way to comment if your not helping me what so ever. The title says help not r/rant

Edit hold the phone.

Its not ok to have desire?

A tent is "perfectly functional" but I'm sure everyone would rather live in a mansion

You seem extremely spoiled. My PC was nothing but my money. I didn't ask for a single cent from my parents. I respect how much my parents spend on me because they care; they provide the funds for your schooling, your clothing, clean water, food (and good food, at that), Christmas and birthday presents, etc... But still, you ask for more?! What the Hell is wrong with you, you insolent child...?

I agree. I built my computer with money I saved, then blew my student loan on more parts for it, an Xbox one, and Fallout 4. My parents bought me a fan and the original crappy case (£30). That was all though.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

Deal with the stuff you have. I was very lucky to get 3 video games a year for the Xbox 360 when I was 14. Quit coming across as a spoiled brat. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I already addressed this multiple times she didn't buy my computer and why do you feel the need to go out your way to comment if your not helping me what so ever. The title says help not r/rant

She didn't buy your computer. But she bought the stuff that you're trying to sell, is that not right? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

hmm because as soon as she bought it she gave it to me officially changing ownership, if you buy your wife a wedding ring its her's not your's.

Technically, since you are now married, you both have joint ownership over everything either of you own. So the ring is half yours.

Bad analogy.

its a forum where people are free to discuss things and speak their mind

You asked "how should I convince my mum", and my answer is, "I don't think you should" as it seems she has already bought a lot for you, and she should not be expected to buy you things just because you want them

You have a decent PC, consoles smart watch, tablet, more than 90% of what people on the forum have and you are only young

You dont NEED an SLI PC with triple monitors, I dont even have that at home and I earn £17 grand a year and I am 25

You should not have to "convince" your parents to spoil you further,  - get a job and save up, or get them as christmas presents or something

I dont think you should be "convincing" your mum to waste her money on crap you dont need

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

She didn't buy your computer. But she bought the stuff that you're trying to sell, is that not right?

yeah she handed over possession if you give your dog to a rescue centre its no longer your dog. If you give a wedding ring to someone its no longer your ring. If you give a Xbox to someone its no longer your Xbox.

yeah she handed over possession if you give your dog to a rescue centre its no longer your dog. If you give a wedding ring to someone its no longer your ring. If you give a Xbox to someone its no longer your Xbox.

If you receive a gift. You show appreciation. 

Technically, since you are now married, you both have joint ownership over everything either of you own. So the ring is half yours.

Bad analogy.

But if you divorce she keeps the ring not you

I don't know if you live on the UK or not but school is free here, I use my money most of the time to get take away (almost every day) she didn't pay for my birthday present last year it was MY money from selling stuff that got me the 970 I have now with some help from my nan

School is free? I never noticed. It costs a lot of money for:

• The bus
  • Books
  • Text books
  • Compulsory trips
  • School uniform
  • Stationary

I could go on. I suppose your mum pays for all of the above for you?

If you receive a gift. You show appreciation.

so is appreciation letting it grow old and get dusty while it's unused or putting it to good use giving someone who cant afford a new Xbox a good deal on a used one and in consequently buying something that's gonna actually be used?

In my mind selling it is a win win

But if you divorce she keeps the ring not you

If you get divorced your possessions are split between you. One party could have both rings, especially if the other party took other items of value.

so is appreciation letting it grow old and get dusty while it's unused or putting it to good use giving someone who cant afford a new Xbox a good deal on a used one and in consequently buying something that's gonna actually be used?

In my mind selling it is a win win

Then why not give it away? You'll be doing good for yourself, good for the person who cannot afford a console and your Mum will probably be proud. Its a win win win. 

Many a times threads like these pop up now and then but they never go according to the way the OP wishes it to be. You'll understand the reason why, some time in the future.   

School is free? I never noticed. It costs a lot of money for:

• The bus
  • Books
  • Text books
  • Compulsory trips
  • School uniform
  • Stationary
I could go on. I suppose your mum pays for all of the above for you?

Again I'm not sure if you actually live in the UK so I'll forgive you. Shall we debunk this?

The bus... I have a free bus pass payed for by the school because I live far away

£0

Books since you also mentioned text books I'm not sure what you mean but I don't read £0

Text books. In the UK text books are free given to you by the school

£0

As far as I'm aware (at least in my school) their are no trips that are compulsory

£0

School uniform. Fair enough along with the rest of my family she chips in but I had to sign a contract abiding my schools code of conduct which states you must have school uniform. I'd have the have uniform regardless I guess you can call that compulsory

£??

Stationary. One of my nans, living by a ryman usually buys me all my stationary at the start of the year

Then why not give it away? You'll be doing good for yourself, good for the person who cannot afford a console and your Mum will probably be proud. Its a win win win. 

Many a times threads like these pop up now and then but they never go according to the way the OP wishes it to be. You'll understand the reason why, some time in the future.

if I was filthy rich I definitely would but atm I cant afford to just give stuff away

Maybe my op gave of the wrong message I was cranky I missed the bus I have assessments this week I just want some advantages of having the extra real estate

1) to let me sell my Xbox one. She said I can't sell it because she bought it for £450 (I'm a early adopter) even though it's worth jackshit now, its really fucking annoying because I've drained over £1000 on my PC and its not turning to shit because of this.

2)To let me sell my smartwatch. I've got a old useless Sony smartwatch 2 that I wannna sell to buy a SSD and basically she thinks that I wanna sell my smartwatch and get another one (I originally wanted a Watch Urbane) and she was even asking my tech savvy uncle about them, I want three monitors for xmas.

3) let me get three monitors. She won't let me get three monitors not because she can't afford it but because she thinks having three monitors will make me go "insane" and I'll turn into a "psychopath" *my brain, the silver lining is I'll probably be able to get some kickass 4k display that my 970 can't even handle but I really want three monitors.

Basically I'm selling my xbone my 360 my ps vita and my smart watch basically ridding the house of the last of my consoles (I had like 6 last year but I lost the psp the 3ds was sold and the ps3 broke so I can buy another 970 and some ssd space but I can't see that happening atm.

*she didn't buy it, she bought the consoles but she doesn't really have anything to do with my PC. A lot of sacrifice went into this build and I didn't have the money or the money to buy it all at once like most people. Two years of time and effort went into this computer and now your saying I can't get a decent monitor setup?

OK, let me give my opinions point by point.

1) Firstly, you have been given some great gaming platforms like the XboxOne. Just because you have that now doesn't mean that your 1000 pound computer is going to be wasted. If you have spent a grand on it, it must be reasonably good already.

2) If you dont use the watch at all, explain to your mother that trading it for an SSD makes a lot of sense given the daily value of the SSD over something that isn't used at all. I wouldn't refer to it as crappy to her as that's only going to be hurtful to her (I am taking it here that she bought it for you)

3) I am wondering why you want three monitors ... is it vital to your PC and gaming existence? Why not be happy with one? I would love a multi monitor setup but I simply cant justify it after loosing my job. I would suggest you look at what is actually justifiable to you, and not what you simply want for wanting's sake.

Your statement "I want three monitors for Christmas" really doesn't paint you in a good light, it does make you sound spoiled.

I would go back to discussing things over with your mother in a reasonable way and explain point by point WHY you want something, and justifying that want as a need.

Just remember, for a 14 year old, you already have a ton of stuff .... way more than most.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Again I'm not sure if you actually live in the UK so I'll forgive you. Shall we debunk this?

The bus... I have a free bus pass payed for by the school because I live far away

£0

Books since you also mentioned text books I'm not sure what you mean but I don't read £0

Text books. In the UK text books are free given to you by the school

£0

As far as I'm aware (at least in my school) their are no trips that are compulsory

£0

School uniform. Fair enough along with the rest of my family she chips in but I had to sign a contract abiding my schools code of conduct which states you must have school uniform. I'd have the have uniform regardless I guess you can call that compulsory

£??

Stationary. One of my nans, living by a ryman usually buys me all my stationary at the start of the year

I do live in the UK.

Bus £2.50 each way = £900 p/a

Text books, I had to buy 12 at £20 each = £240 total

I had trips vary between £6 and £30

Sky News reckons £360 for school uniform

The total is, um, a lot over the 5 years of secondary school alone.

over £5000

OK, let me give my opinions point by point.

1) Firstly, you have been given some great gaming platforms like the XboxOne. Just because you have that now doesn't mean that your 1000 pound computer is going to be wasted. If you have spent a grand on it, it must be reasonably good already.

2) If you dont use the watch at all, explain to your mother that trading it for an SSD makes a lot of sense given the daily value of the SSD over something that isn't used at all. I wouldn't refer to it as crappy to her as that's only going to be hurtful to her (I am taking it here that she bought it for you)

3) I am wondering why you want three monitors ... is it vital to your PC and gaming existence? Why not be happy with one? I would love a multi monitor setup but I simply cant justify it after loosing my job. I would suggest you look at what is actually justifiable to you, and not what you simply want for wanting's sake.

Your statement "I want three monitors for Christmas" really doesn't paint you in a good light, it does make you sound spoiled.

I would go back to discussing things over with your mother in a reasonable way and explain point by point WHY you want something, and justifying that want as a need.

Just remember, for a 14 year old, you already have a ton of stuff .... way more than most.

you have to remember lots of kids my age my age have lots of expensive shoes and clothes (like the majority) but every single scrap I can save goes into my computer, its not uncommon to say what you want for Christmas. I know I dont need 3 monitors but does that mean I shouldn't be able to have 3 monitors. People don't need cars they can walk but on those cold wet windy winter nights I'd bet they'd rather have one

if I was filthy rich I definitely would but atm I cant afford to just give stuff away

Well if you aren't filthy rich what's the point of spending even more money?

I know I dont need 3 monitors but does that mean I shouldn't be able to have 3 monitors.

Overkill, I wish all the best, I really do

Just do one thing - when it comes to Christmas Day, look happy as a nutter at whatever you get ......

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

People don't realize I'm a only child. To a guy with siblings were everything is shared equally I might be coming off as a bit of a twat. Spoilt kids are kids that get Lamborghinis for there 17 birthdays just because they can drive. I'm not really spoilt for a only child