GTA 5 Modder had Private investigators at his door, allegedly sent by Take2 Interactive

Well this is pretty disturbing honestly.

http://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-reportedly-sent-private-investigators-to-modders-home/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Take-Two has reportedly sent a couple of private investigators to the home of a Grand Theft Auto V modder, to intimidate them into ceasing development of the FiveM online multiplayer mod. The modder in question made the claims on Reddit yesterday, stating that they "just got a pair of PIs at my door claiming to be sent by Take Two, handing me a phone with a person somewhere in the UK or US or whatever to 'discuss how to cease my activities with regard to Grand Theft Auto'".

Here's the statement in full:

"So I just got a pair of PIs at my door claiming to be sent by Take Two, handing me a phone with a person somewhere in the UK or US or whatever to 'discuss how to cease my activities with regard to Grand Theft Auto', that 'they know what happened before with Activision and want to not get the lawyers involved at this time', however they 'have tested their legal standing already and are quite certain of their point' and 'aren't willing to accept any solution other than ceasing my activities'.

"Oh, they also 'couldn't disclose any conversations they're having with other modification developers', didn't want to talk about general modification policy as 'it was just about my case' and admitted they 'looked through my source code'. Fun times!"

Gta:mp development is also officially over

https://gta-mp.net/#

Update 10. November 2015

Hello, First of all we'd like to thank everyone for your amazing support.
A huge amount of people do not want this project to end, but unfortunately there's no way out. Take2 was clear about that.

There are a lot of rumors on the internet right now, a lot of people are hating against Take2 and Rockstar.
Some may say now that all this happened because of microtransactions, Shark cards or whatever. To be clear: we do not know, but we are sure that they have a reason why they decided to ask us to stop.
Take2 is a global player, they have to protect their commercial rights. It's the system which force them to react.

There is another point you should think about: Without Take2 and Rockstar, we would not have this beautiful game and the opportunities to open the game for players.

If we would have continued, they could have sued us, and maybe we even could have made the gameplay experience for GTA:5 and GTA:O worse (as Rockstar might just stop GTA:O updates). A lot of people stated that Rockstar and Take2 could have worked with us together and improved the GTA:Online experience, but obviously they have enough employees to care about GTA:5 and GTA:O, we are just developers who love to mod. If you have a successful game and you have a lot of plans for the future, do you want that a 3rd party modification destroys your plans and maybe ruins your work which is already work in progress? We do not think so.

We want to say something about the circumstances. There are a lot of dicussions and we have got a lot of requests. We confirm that private investigators also visited bit and xforce. But Take2 could have contacted us way worse as they did, but they chose a way without any lawyers and further dispute settlements.

Information to our source code:
We never touched, modified or hooked Rockstar Social Club, we simply built up our multiplayer from scratch and based on the games engine. We did not use any part of GTA:Online, everything, including synchronization, was done by us.
We built up on the singleplayer without any gamescripts loaded. Our source code was always private and not available for public.

As developers we respect the rights of others, if they do not want that we modify their product, no matter if for good or not, we must respect that.

Whats wrong with modding! Its great! it helps the game last longer, most games when there isnt mods most people wont play it anymore but with mods that opens up opportunities for more fun

They did it in a way that got rid of money for rockstar

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This was about selling in game items. Rockstar was loosing out on a little DLC they were worried. 

Let that sink in 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Well then this is my message to them

54279906.jpg

they don't care, they set sales records. In 5 years when they make the next one, people won't hold them responsible. Especially on console. If anything they'll care about PC less if there is even a stink 

It's always lose-lose for pc 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I scare of modding because I not sure if i will get banned or not