Curved Monitors or Flat Monitors (Dual monitors)?

Go to solution Solved by RedSphyxis,

I'm looking for a monitor and I was wonder what I should choose between a curved or flat monitors. If I pick flat monitors, I will go for dual monitors--for productivity and probably procrastinating my assignments). But what do you guys think? Tell me what their pro's and con's? 

PS: The new ASUS gaming monitor 34' G-sync, looks very promising. 

if you're doing content creation don't go for curved ones the curve can distort some stuff specially in photoshop, paint SAI, CAD work etc.(IMO)

personally for productiviy the best is a dualmonitor setup.IMO you won't be needing anything more than a 27" monitor, you can have identical monitors if you want to but it's really up to you

if you're gaming go for the swift(pretty sure prices have gone down) if not go for a 4k IPS monitor(there are a few afaik)

also try and find a g-sync/freesync enable monitor the added variable refresh rate is awesome

I'm looking for a monitor and I was wonder what I should choose between a curved or flat monitors. If I pick flat monitors, I will go for dual monitors--for productivity and probably procrastinating my assignments). But what do you guys think? Tell me what their pro's and con's? 

If you're editing video or images, a curved monitor would be worse as it can sometimes slightly warp images and video due to its curved nature.

However, it shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you need to be very precise. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you mainly game a lot of like the large format monitors then that would be good but for productivity the dual setup would be best for most situations. Personally I love dual or triple monitor setups when working.

if you're doing content creation don't go for curved ones the curve can distort some stuff specially in photoshop, paint SAI, CAD work etc.(IMO)

personally for productiviy the best is a dualmonitor setup.IMO you won't be needing anything more than a 27" monitor, you can have identical monitors if you want to but it's really up to you

if you're gaming go for the swift(pretty sure prices have gone down) if not go for a 4k IPS monitor(there are a few afaik)

also try and find a g-sync/freesync enable monitor the added variable refresh rate is awesome

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I have worked on an ultra-wide 34'' LG for quite some time and its pretty nice, but imo there is nothing better than having two physical monitors for productivity. At home I have a 4K 28'' and 24'' 1080p screen in portrait mode, which is basically the perfect setup for most normal school/university stuff like writing papers, since on the portrait screen you can see an entire page of content. For content creation it is still fine, because you have a giant screen with lots of pixels for your primary screen and then you can have all of your other stuff like skype, fb and music on the other one. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here