opinions on Dbrand skins

melias24

Hey guys, so my Nexus 5 is really battered up on the back, and not that nice to look at. Anyway, i've seen in Linus' and MKBHD and other youtubers advertising/reviewing Dbrand skins. Anyway, i just want to hear what you guys have to say about Dbrand skins.

I was planning on getting a clear backed case so i have a bit more protection as well, and was going to get a carbon or leather skin so that it look's nice though the clear case. Also, need some recommendations on a clear backed case (if not i'm not fussed) or a normal case that offers some decent protection for the Nexus 5. Preferably one that protects the screen more than anything. 

¬Elias 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

No idea about the case, but DBrand from what I've seen are top as. Purely based on looks I'd get one, protection of the actual device is just another positive. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Their skins are really good quality.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Eh, some phones are better left without it, like the zenfone 2 ;) with the brushed aluminium looking back

Too bad the build quality is shit  ;)

Quote me to get a reply!

how?

It feels really really cheap compared to something like the OPO or the OPX or even the Moto G. Even though those phones are plastic they don't feel cheap.

Quote me to get a reply!

Too bad the build quality is shit  ;)

Psh, build quality isn't shit.

Sure it woulda been nicer if the back cover was actual brushed aluminium, but the plastic it's made of is definitely far from the worst I have seen.

I personally love my ZF2, it's an amazing phone for the money, I would definitely recommend it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't think it feels cheap :/ 

Well it feels like a budget phone even compared to a Moto G. Also have you used a OPO before?

Quote me to get a reply!

Well it feels like a budget phone even compared to a Moto G. Also have you used a OPO before?

I have a moto g right next to me and im pretty sure it's way better, and yes my friend sam has a OPO and im sure it feels better than the zenfone

Psh, build quality isn't shit.

Sure it woulda been nicer if the back cover was actual brushed aluminium, but the plastic it's made of is definitely far from the worst I have seen.

I personally love my ZF2, it's an amazing phone for the money, I would definitely recommend it.

I can't recommend it though, the OnePlus One is only about 50$ more and feels a lot more premium. My friend sold his OPO to get a ZenPhone for the dual SIM feature but says he regrets it now.

Quote me to get a reply!

I have a moto g right next to me and im pretty sure it's way better, and yes my friend sam has a OPO and im sure it feels better than the zenfone

What Moto G?

Quote me to get a reply!

2nd gen

Well I guess you have a different opinion, mostly because you are trying to defend your purchase, than I do but the 3rd gen is better build.

Quote me to get a reply!

Well I guess you have a different opinion, mostly because you are trying to defend your purchase, than I do but the 3rd gen is better build.

I honestly don't care about how it feels, i care about how it preformans lol

If you can line it up perfectly you are a magician

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I honestly don't care about how it feels, i care about how it preformans lol

Why not have both in the OPO? (ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ)

Quote me to get a reply!

If you can line it up perfectly you are a magician

You are just impatient it is real easy unless you have parkinsons

Quote me to get a reply!

You are just impatient it is real easy unless you have parkinsons

the back is fairly easy but the sides..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They're great. Easy to install on the Note 4 and great quality.

I can stick my Linkmount (uses 3M Cement clue) to the Black CF skin no problem, and the skin also sticks extremely well. It uses high quality M3 vinyl which has high quality M3 glue.

They're great, the fit is amazing, can recommend.

cause it has 3 gigs of ram

4gb master race

Because you need it for your bloated OS.

Quote me to get a reply!

Just interjecting here, a oneplus one is $450CAN while I bought my zenfone 2 at launch for $249.  The one plus had better feel better for almost 2x as much.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers