Am i the only one?

spoder-man

am i the only one who thinks that a $70 case like an S340 is not cheap enough for a casing??
i mean there are $10-$20 cases out there..

Confession-Bear.jpg

ma spoder senz iz tingling...

you get what you pay for

if you want no thumb screws, plastic construction, no painted inside, non-rounded edges (the list goes on)..... then go for it, spend your 10 bucks 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Well... Things are worth what others are willing to spend on it so, it must be about right.

Sure, there are cheaper things but if you were intending to buy those we wouldn't be having this conversation, now, would we?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

well that's where things like the 100R (~$50) come in.

but the case is by far the longest term investment you can make in a PC it's the part that is least likely to break. so it's nice to make it a good one.

and flicking through PCpartpicker, almost every sub-$40 case just looks butt ugly.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

you get what you pay for

if you want no thumb screws, plastic construction, no painted inside, non-rounded edges (the list goes on)..... then go for it, spend your 10 bucks 

Don't forget you get no cable management!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

no cpu cut out, no or cheap fans 

like i said.. the list goes on lol

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

am i the only one who thinks that a $70 case like an S340 is not cheap enough for a casing??

i mean there are $10-$20 cases out there..

What are you getting at? who said it was "cheap"? 

A case is worth whatever you decide to spend on it, for some people it would be considered cheap if their build was like $2000, 

I personally would never want a $20 case, unless I literally had no money, or it was going to be a super low end generic PC

hell my pentium powered server is in a Define R4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

For what you get, the s340 is worth that price. Anything below that is mediocre in comparison. You get what you pay for. 

What are you getting at? who said it was "cheap"? 

A case is worth whatever you decide to spend on it, for some people it would be considered cheap if their build was like $2000, 

I personally would never want a $20 case, unless I literally had no money, or it was going to be a super low end generic PC

hell my pentium powered server is in a Define R4

well, i see it in lots of "budget build" videos..

For the money, its a really well built case, its very attractive, has features most "gamers" want, like nice aesthetics, cable management, and a side window etc

It is a "budget" case, its just not "super budget"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

what are you talking about? there are  $20 cases... there not very popular and dont exspect Linus to do an unboxing / review on them... 

20%20case_zpsasxjqmsf.png

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

no cpu cut out, no or cheap fans 

like i said.. the list goes on lol

IMO for what you get I think the price is very reasonable.

well that's where things like the 100R (~$50) come in.

but the case is by far the longest term investment you can make in a PC it's the part that is least likely to break. so it's nice to make it a good one.

and flicking through PCpartpicker, almost every sub-$40 case just looks butt ugly

i just dont have the courage yet to pull the trigger on that S340. you all make a good point.

and its the case that the only piece i am not currently firm enough. but i love it. DA*N!

there are 300$ cases too - the s340 is as cheap as you should go if you don't want significant compromises

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i just dont have the courage yet to pull the trigger on that S340. you all make a good point.

and its the case that the only piece i am not currently firm enough. but i love it. DA*N!

there are decent budget minded cases out there from corsair and fractal, go check them out