Flushing a rigid loop before building?

From what I've read you're suppose to flush the cooling loop and its components before you build the system to get the remanence of manufacturing out of the components. When building a rigid tubing cooling loop, how does one accomplish this? Buy an extra set of soft tubing with the soft tubing compression fittings and put it all together in a bathtub then use a few drops of soap in with distilled water and let it run?

How have you guys done a pre wash/run of a rigid tubing loop?

i should have everything i need to start building on Friday, just trying to get all my marbles in one bag before it gets here.  :D

Thanks!  :)

-SNIP-

It's mainly rads you need to flush out, usually filling them partially with tap water and giving it a good shake works, doing this half a dozen times and giving it a final rinse with distilled water does the job. 

You can also rinse out other things like blocks and res just in case of dust mainly with some distilled also but most times they are pretty spotless.

From what I've read you're suppose to flush the cooling loop and its components before you build the system to get the remanence of manufacturing out of the components. When building a rigid tubing cooling loop, how does one accomplish this? Buy an extra set of soft tubing with the soft tubing compression fittings and put it all together in a bathtub then use a few drops of soap in with distilled water and let it run?

How have you guys done a pre wash/run of a rigid tubing loop?

i should have everything i need to start building on Friday, just trying to get all my marbles in one bag before it gets here.  :D

Thanks!  :)

I don't know the "right" answer, but I would not use any kind of detergent (anything that creates suds). Most of the people I know just use a small Rubbermaid container and run the loop for several days with the pump at 100%, changing out the water every 12 hours or so.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

It's mainly rads you need to flush out, usually filling them partially with tap water and giving it a good shake works, doing this half a dozen times and giving it a final rinse with distilled water does the job. 

You can also rinse out other things like blocks and res just in case of dust mainly with some distilled also but most times they are pretty spotless.

Ah alrighty. Im glad your mentioned distilled water, I forgot that i was going to do that. I won't go into liquid options for the actually loop. Every time I read a thread about "what coolant should I  use distilled or bla zee bla" looks like a spaghetti and spam sandwich lol. Thanks!

I don't know the "right" answer, but I would not use any kind of detergent (anything that creates suds). Most of the people I know just use a small Rubbermaid container and run the loop for several days with the pump at 100%, changing out the water every 12 hours or so.

Ah good deal. Ill skip the soap. That is a good idea, ill be running a pump res combo. Ill have to look into that. Im wondering if I should pick up some flex tubing and some compression fittings just in case, so i can flush it that way.

-SNIP-

For the most part you can clean out the loop without having to assemble the whole thing and run distilled to flush it but if your using distilled water for the fluid just make sure you use a biocide or kill coil. Just note if you have nickel in your loop silver and nickel are borderline dis-similar metals so a biocide would be a better option.

What I did is just rinse everything with tap water outside the case. As mentioned above the rads are the only thing that really need attention, just fill it with hot water, shake it around a bit, pour it out and repeat until no little bits of gunk come out and just do one more since with distilled water after that. Also I recommend pouring the water out into a white bowl if you have one so you ca easily see the black bits.

Ah good deal. Ill skip the soap. That is a good idea, ill be running a pump res combo. Ill have to look into that. Im wondering if I should pick up some flex tubing and some compression fittings just in case, so i can flush it that way.

I've found have a couple of barb fittings and bit of flexible tubbing helpful for filling and draining but I wouldn't worry about compression fittings if it's only temporary, just my two cents though.