NZXT S340 + MSI H81m-p33

what do you think if i put the h81m in the s340?
im currently looking for a case for my h81m-p33(mATX).

would it look awful? i like how this case looks,despite the lack of usb 3.0 header on the mobo. should i go for it?

ma spoder senz iz tingling...

Probably pretty bad since the s340 is a full atx case.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Probably pretty bad since the s340 is a full atx case.

The S340 is a mid tower.

EDIT: Still would look bad.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

It wouldn't look that bad and really it wouldn't matter much, it'll be small and suffer from what Linus calls "Hardware Dwarfism". Do you already own that motherboard because I'd like to suggest a better looking alternative at the same price.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Well I have an old pic of my rig from forever ago with a MATX board in my S340, and I have one in much better quality with the Krait, you decide.

Sorry about the quality, this was when I had my HTC One (M7)

xXbol6r.jpg

This was on my Nexus 6 so it doesn't look bad. :P

NYvCUcV.jpg

Edited by Darkman

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

It wouldn't look that bad and really it wouldn't matter much, it'll be small and suffer from what Linus calls "Hardware Dwarfism". Do you already own that motherboard because I'd like to suggest a better looking alternative at the same price.

i do have the motherboard already.

i do have the motherboard already.

Oh well not much I can do then :P Go for it and save up for a decent motherboard to upgrade to down the road. If the color scheme of your build is Black / Blue than the AsRock H97 Pro4 is an amazing motherboard for less than 90$ when you get the money.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

I had a MATX board in my S340. It looked fine. It definitely could've looked better. The S340 is the size of a MATX case so it doesn't look horrible. 

TLDR; you can do it but it could look better

Well I have an old pic of my rig from forever ago with a MATX board in my S340, and I have one in much better quality with the Krait, you decide.

Sorry about the quality, this was when I had my HTC One (M7)

xXbol6r.jpg

nice, i see your cooler filled up the case. i like it.

i am also "considering" an atx upgrade in the future.

Oh well not much I can do then :P Go for it and save up for a decent motherboard to upgrade to down the road. If the color scheme of your build is Black / Blue than the AsRock H97 Pro4 is an amazing motherboard for less than 90$ when you get the money.

im planning to upgrade to an ATX so i can utilize the usb 3 on the case if i pick this.

and have more slots for wifi, bluetooth and other good stuff if i itch to have one.

im planning to upgrade to an ATX so i can utilize the usb 3 on the case if i pick this.

and have more slots for wifi, bluetooth and other good stuff if i itch to have one.

Personally I have a Micro-ATX motherboard and it fits all my needs

post-168944-0-00310400-1446435631_thumb.

Personally I have a Micro-ATX motherboard and it fits all my needs

nice rig. soon mine will be a bad a** too. xD

---that is after tons of upgrades. LOL

nice rig. soon mine will be a bad a** too. xD

---that is after tons of upgrades. LOL

My build started off with a G3258, 8GB's of RAM and a GTX 750ti. 2 Years later I have this beast.

My build started off with a G3258, 8GB's of RAM and a GTX 750ti. 2 Years later I have this beast.

same specs as mine. haha. how about your case? 

same specs as mine. haha. how about your case? 

The case I had is the case I have today however I've replaced, the front panel, optical bay covers, PCI slots and even one of the side panels. The case itself is the Corsair Carbide 350D and I love it to death. 

The case I had is the case I have today however I've replaced, the front panel, optical bay covers, PCI slots and even one of the side panels. The case itself is the Corsair Carbide 350D and I love it to death. 

it looks great. this actually inspires me.

TO UPGRADE IT IS!

it looks great. this actually inspires me.

TO UPGRADE IT IS!

The only thing that remains from the original build is the shell of the case itself, literally everything else has been replaced / upgraded. Certain things have already been upgraded twice, like my RAM and CPU. I went from the G3258 ($70) to the i3 4150 (got it for $90 on Amazon) to the i5-4690k ($230).

Here's the original build after about two months-

post-168944-0-93079100-1446437728_thumb.

The only thing that remains from the original build is the shell of the case itself, literally everything else has been replaced / upgraded. Certain things have already been upgraded twice, like my RAM and CPU. I went from the G3258 ($70) to the i3 4150 (got it for $90 on Amazon) to the i5-4690k ($230).

Here's the original build after about two months-

my pentium will definitely be upgraded to an i5-4690k

i have one stick 8gb hyper x ram-blue(poor color scheme planning, so i guess i might swap this out, should have gone with black)

i have a seasonic 620watt s112II (620 to be ready for the upgrades)

thats all i have acquired so far. and the motherboard

my pentium will definitely be upgraded to an i5-4690k

i have one stick 8gb hyper x ram-blue(poor color scheme planning, so i guess i might swap this out, should have gone with black)

i have a seasonic 620watt s112II (620 to be ready for the upgrades)

thats all i have acquired so far. and the motherboard

Nice, I just only recently upgraded to a new motherboard, i5-4690k, second GTX 960, and a new PSU.