Windows 10 Install Error

mider

Build a PC for rendering videos.  When I get to "Where do you want to install windows?" it give me this error when I select the drive and click next "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one"; there was a system log that I copied and read in my main system saying "The selected disk is not the computer's bootable drive".

So, I went into BIOS to change the boot order and place the HDD back in front of the CD Drive, went back to install, same problem.

I then decided to format the drive via diskpart while in the installer program nothing worked.  I don't know what to do at this point

Hard Drive: 600GB WD Blue

CPU: Intel i5 750 2.67GHz

RAM: 6GB 1333 Single Channel Generic-Brand (leftover from another PC)

GPU: 1GB ATI Radeon 4650

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

I had the same problem, I found a great video back thank, that I can't find now, it was command prompt thingie.

This will do just fine as well thought, did you do it like this?:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQijwg4Lcx4

Blog post: 

http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2012/03/06/error-quot-we-couldn-t-create-a-new-partition-or-locate-an-existing-one-for-more-information-see-the-setup-log-files-quot-when-you-try-to-install-windows-8-cp.aspx

The issue is that you need to install the SATA controller drivers in order for Windows to communicate with your drive properly, so that it can set it up, and install Windows.

To do this, insert your motherhood disk, while you are at the "select where you want to install Windows" screen (you can pull out Windows disk at this stage of the setup), and click on "Load Driver" link on the panel. Then navigate on the motherboard disk, and locate your SATA controller drivers, and select the .inf file. Remember, Windows is not installed at this stage, and can't run exe's). Once you load the drivers, you can put back Windows disk in, select the drive and the setup should now work fine.