New Corsair H110i GTX pump noise

Just got my new Corsair H110i GTX and was all excited to replace my old H220 that was making a lovely grinding sound... looks like I lost the AIO pump noise lottery again.

The noise is apparent with my side panel on (Enthoo luxe) and fans on low - on both quite and performance settings. I ended up turning my fans to around 70% and now all I hear are the fans which is more tolerable.

I was wondering if anyone here had some tips to try before I decide if I want to RMA it or not.

Mine makes almost no noise at all, with the side panel on I don't even hear it

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Just got my new Corsair H110i GTX and was all excited to replace my old H220 that was making a lovely grinding sound... looks like I lost the AIO pump noise lottery again.

The noise is apparent with my side panel on (Enthoo luxe) and fans on low - on both quite and performance settings. I ended up turning my fans to around 70% and now all I hear are the fans which is more tolerable.

I was wondering if anyone here had some tips to try before I decide if I want to RMA it or not.

try different fan headers on MOBO that fixed my issue with the H60

If your motherboard has a specific header for a pump (Like the Asus ROG boards), use that and configure the pump speed.

If your motherboard has a specific header for a pump (Like the Asus ROG boards), use that and configure the pump speed.

I have an ASUS X99 Deluxe, but sadly the H110i GTX uses sata power + link to control the pump. 

try different fan headers on MOBO that fixed my issue with the H60

I have tried putting the fans directly into the mobo and got the same result. It may be a bit better (had the case open when testing this). I am going to take some video tonight / tomorrow and compare all scenarios.

I have an ASUS X99 Deluxe, but sadly the H110i GTX uses sata power + link to control the pump. 

I have tried putting the fans directly into the mobo and got the same result. It may be a bit better (had the case open when testing this). I am going to take some video tonight / tomorrow and compare all scenarios.

can you use corsair link and try to fix it from there?