$1000 Gaming/Workstation Rig

So your saying, if I understood correctly, to go with the FX?

No,go with the xeon ,that it is a locked i7.The 8 cores of the fx are basically 4 modules, that each module has 2 cores that share the l3 cache.

It is not like intel hyperthreading, and it performs way worse than expected.

The fx performs worse than an i5 in most cases.

The site has changed....

No,go with the xeon ,that it is a locked i7.The 8 cores of the fx are basically 4 modules, that each module has 2 cores that share the l3 cache.

It is not like intel hyperthreading, and it performs way worse than expected.

The fx performs worse than an i5 in most cases.

Ok so i5 it is. Then I have to change my board. Any suggestions? It's not just a workstation though, it's also a gaming rig.

Ok so i5 it is. Then I have to change my board. Any suggestions? It's not just a workstation though, it's also a gaming rig.

if you will be using a locked i5, like the 4460, the mobo i used in my build will do just fine, if you go for the  unlocked one(4690k), a cheap and reliable solution is the Asus Z97-E

also i7>i5 but for gaming the i5 will do just fine ;)

The site has changed....

if you will be using a locked i5, like the 4460, the mobo i used in my build will do just fine, if you go for the unlocked one(4690k), a cheap and reliable solution is the Asus Z97-E

Awesome! Anything else I should really worry about. Right now I'm stuck between what me and you have dreamt up from my build, the build you had before.