dual 140mm fans for a 240 rad?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

You cant mount it though

the screw holes will not math up

is it okay to use two 140mm fans for a 240mm rad? the rad will be ghetto mounted in the middle of both fans

i7 4770K | GTX 1060 GB

is it okay to use two 140mm fans for a 240mm rad? the rad will be ghetto mounted in the middle of both fans

This is not ideal. With rads, you want the fans to have a relatively tight seal against the rim to maintain the ability to apply pressure. With part of the blade overhanging, the air will just look towards the path of least resistance, and therefore dissipation efficiency is reduced. I would just get 2x 120mm static pressure fans.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Some air will leak out the sides, but if you can mount it then I don't see a problem

You cant mount it though

the screw holes will not math up

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020