Help me build my new PC?

SnipingBow

Hi,

So basiclly I finally decided to join the PC master race.

I have about 750 to 1000$ CAD (600 to 800US) to use to buy a decent gaming pc that will last for at least a few years. Before I go buy the parts I would like you guys to help me build my PC.

I will mostly play games on it (GTA V with mods, Black ops 3, minecraft, Heros of the storm,...) and do some office work (internet browsing, youtube and office 365).

1. I was wondering : should I get my parts online (if so where?) or at some computer parts seller (any one knows a good one in Canada?)?

2. What do you guys think of this build (I went to Computer Canada, where they suggested a computer) :

Case 
    1 TB
    AMD (X8 FX-8320E) 3.2 GHZ
    GIGABYTE (GA-970A-D3P / rev. 1.0) 
    Corsair (CS / CS650M)
    G.SKILL (Ripjaws X)
    nVidia Strix GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5 (1
     114 MHz, Memory 7 010 MHz, DVI double, HDMI, DisplayPort)

Total : 1 169$ CAN or 879 US

3. Currently have :
    Montion : 22 inch. 1920 x 1080 IPS (should I buy a new one?) 

I have windows 7 OS (should i buy a new one?)

If I can get it for less than my budget perfect. I really have no idea if it's a overkill. I need your help.
    Thanks

I will make you a pcpartpicker.  Do you need other peripherals?  Your Windows 7 is fine.  Also, 1k CAD isn't 1300USD.  Pick one.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I will make you a pcpartpicker.  Do you need other peripherals?  Your Windows 7 is fine.  Also, 1k CAD isn't 1300USD.  Pick one.

I am sorry, mymistake I changed that :P

I could use a keyboard and mouse!

Computer Canada is wrong about suggesting the FX platform.

It outdated and will not last a few years

you will be better with the Intel Haswell or Skylake builds

check the other tread for suggested builds

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474926-build-me-a-gaming-computer-d/

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Change your CPU to I5 and CHANGE YOUR PSU to EVGA/XFX etc (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/)

Magical Pineapples

So by what I am seeing on this forum, people usually buy parts online?

order them online and get the parts shipped to you

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I am sorry, mymistake I changed that :P

I could use a keyboard and mouse!

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($56.71 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($436.49 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.71 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1015.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-28 00:44 EDT-0400

This will easily do well in most games.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

All looks good, but i would recommend getting a 2tb instead of the 1tb.  

Something Awesome!

All looks good, but i would recommend getting a 2tb instead of the 1tb.  

Explain why a FX 8320E and a 970 are a good idea?

970 is just a solid card and the X8 FX-8320E is cheap and "energy efficient" for an AMD CPU. Yes there are better options out there like a 4670, but that is almost %50 more expensive. And as the new consoles have 8 cores, single core performance well become less of a problem.  

Something Awesome!

970 is just a solid card and the X8 FX-8320E is cheap and "energy efficient" for an AMD CPU. Yes there are better options out there like a 4670, but that is almost %50 more expensive. And as the new consoles have 8 cores, single core performance well become less of a problem.  

1. A 390 is better than a 970 and costs about the same.

2. Anything better than a 280x is a waste on a FX.

3. An FX is NOT a good choice, an i3 4160 has better single core performance so it preforms better in most games.

1. A 390 is better than a 970 and costs about the same.

2. Anything better than a 280x is a waste on a FX.

3. An FX is NOT a good choice, an i3 4160 has better single core performance so it preforms better in most games.

The only way the 4160 is going to beat it for games is if it an old game, most modern games use more than one core. Plus it wont even be able to open games (without a crack) like farcry 4 as it won't open on a dual core, and it will struggle with GTA 5

Something Awesome!

The only way the 4160 is going to beat it for games is if it an old game, most modern games use more than one core. Plus it wont even be able to open games (without a crack) like farcry 4 as it won't open on a dual core, and it will struggle with GTA 5

That is also incorrect.

As far as the games are concerned, the i3 is a quadcore since it has Hyperthreading so Far Cry 4 will run!

GTA V will run fine on a i3 4160 and a FX 8320E, my FX 6300 also runs fine.

Unless the game can use all 8 of the FX 8330E's cores, the i3 4160 will win since it has a better single core preformance.

That is also incorrect.

As far as the games are concerned, the i3 is a quadcore since it has Hyperthreading so Far Cry 4 will run!

Unless the game can use all 8 of the FX 8330E's cores, the i3 4160 will win since it has a better single core preformance.

But if he want to stream and play game the FX will smash it up. But check out this video from Tek Syndicate, (

) i know they are not the same CPUs but they are similar and just look at the performance...

Something Awesome!

That is also incorrect.

Or even just this video 

Something Awesome!

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($56.71 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($436.49 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.71 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1015.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-28 00:44 EDT-0400

This will easily do well in most games

If you can do a bit of cable management then I would recommend to get a non-modular power supply and if you get a case for a lower price(even a used one won't create any problem) than may be you can squeeze in a 128gb ssd as a boot drive and for your favourite games. It will definitely improve the performance 

But if he want to stream and play game the FX will smash it up. But check out this video from Tek Syndicate, (

) i know they are not the same CPUs but they are similar and just look at the performance...

That is also incorrect.

Both of you guys are talking about something that Amazingasian hasn't recommended???

I am confused. What should I do? Any conclusion

Both of you guys are talking about something that Amazingasian hasn't recommended???

I am confused. What should I do? Any conclusion

Oh sorry, we were just debating about the CPU and GPU you suggested. But what Amazingasian has suggested looks great. But TBH i would still recommend getting a 2TB storage drive if your budget permits it. But like Linus and Luke say never over by storage, get what you need then expand later. But if you only want it for games and programs then your fine, but if you are a youtueber or a keen photographer, then i would most defiantly get the 2tb.  

Something Awesome!