Good $2000 Gaming build? Monitor?

I plan on overclocking CPU/GPU

Buying this all from Microcenter on Friday Please list any recommendations. I do plan on staying with the 5820k since the price is not that much different from lower level processors right now. I know it's a little much for gaming, but thats alright with me.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($171.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($669.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($80.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Purple 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($14.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Purple 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($14.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($24.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $2061.79

I am looking for any feedback on this build and any recommendations for a monitor?

I have not been gaming for over 6 months, I just want a monitor that I can game on for pure pleasure, so no competitive needs at all. This has me leaning away from the typical - ROG Swift FTW fanboy opinions, please keep an open mind.

I simply can not choose which monitor for this build. I just want something to maximize gaming experience. I am torn. These are my thoughts.

4k, 75hz, g synch, and IPS (xb271hk): coming out next month, this looks amazing to me. Unfortunately, yes I am aware, that this build will only push around 45hz with only one GPU, BUT is this monitor worth the investment if I plan on upgrading my GPU every year?

1440p Ultrawide, G-Sync, 100hz (x34 predator): looks great, but is wow is that expensive, so is it worth it? I feel like 27" 16:9 is already big enough for an immersive experience, not sure if ultra wide is worth the $600 premium, so I am looking for some feedback...

1440p, G-Sync, 144hz, IPS (Acer XB270HU): seems to be the sweet spot for this current build, but I don't want to upgrade my monitor every year like I plan to with my GPU, so Im thinking I shouldn't settle for this kind of monitor unless I plan to upgrade the monitor next year when I upgrade my gpu...

parts look good, IDK about monitors.

good job at picking storage and peripherals. you can pick up more storage as you go, and upgrade your KB/mouse later.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Personally I'd go for the predator, it's a bit of a premium but imo ultra-wide monitors improve immersion so much.

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED

Looks like a great build!!! Really love your choice on the Asus motherboard. The bios is fantastic and fan support awesome!!! The corsair fans tend to run to a little on the loud side, But if it was me I wouldn't mind. For the monitor, I would go with the Acer for the time being and upgrade to another one next year. You seam very undecided about 21:9 so i sugest that you go to your local computer store and look and maybe play with one in person before making the decision. Hope I was able to help  :D

I plan on overclocking CPU/GPU

Buying this all from Microcenter on Friday Please list any recommendations. I do plan on staying with the 5820k since the price is not that much different from lower level processors right now. I know it's a little much for gaming, but thats alright with me.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($171.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($669.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($80.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($24.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $2061.79

I am looking for any feedback on this build and any recommendations for a monitor?

I have not been gaming for over 6 months, I just want a monitor that I can game on for pure pleasure, so no competitive needs at all. This has me leaning away from the typical - ROG Swift FTW fanboy opinions, please keep an open mind.

I simply can not choose which monitor for this build. I just want something to maximize gaming experience. I am torn. These are my thoughts.

4k, 75hz, g synch, and IPS (xb271hk): coming out next month, this looks amazing to me. Unfortunately, yes I am aware, that this build will only push around 45hz with only one GPU, BUT is this monitor worth the investment if I plan on upgrading my GPU every year?

1440p Ultrawide, G-Sync, 100hz (x34 predator): looks great, but is wow is that expensive, so is it worth it? I feel like 27" 16:9 is already big enough for an immersive experience, not sure if ultra wide is worth the $600 premium, so I am looking for some feedback...

1440p, G-Sync, 144hz, IPS (Acer XB270HU): seems to be the sweet spot for this current build, but I don't want to upgrade my monitor every year like I plan to with my GPU, so Im thinking I shouldn't settle for this kind of monitor unless I plan to upgrade the monitor next year when I upgrade my gpu...

Drop X99 and go skylake it's better single threaded performance for gaming

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

The problems with getting a new monitor right now is that there are so many great new ones. And the technology is for once actually advancing.

I'm personally using two 27" 1440p panels. They take up a massive amount of real estate on my desk and all that. But the actual resolution of them is really nice. I would probably suggest something of the same size, a 27 inch, 1440p monitor. 4k technology is still not mature enough for me to jump on that boat just yet.

That 21:9 monitor would also be a great choice if think that you will stick with just one monitor for a long time. And it has the same pixel density as 27 inch, 2560x1440 panels.

At the moment there's so many great monitors it's really personal preference it's not like when ROG swift first came out and it was the singular monitor to beat... Now there's actually competition, you'll probably be happy with any of them, I think my vote would be the Acer XB270HU but I personally play competitive mobas and fpses such as LoL and CSGO commonly and video edit, which I don't like curves for...  Maybe wait on that 165hz monitor asus has coming out soon?

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

The problems with getting a new monitor right now is that there are so many great new ones. And the technology is for once actually advancing.

I'm personally using two 27" 1440p panels. They take up a massive amount of real estate on my desk and all that. But the actual resolution of them is really nice. I would probably suggest something of the same size, a 27 inch, 1440p monitor. 4k technology is still not mature enough for me to jump on that boat just yet.

That 21:9 monitor would also be a great choice if think that you will stick with just one monitor for a long time. And it has the same pixel density as 27 inch, 2560x1440 panels.

Why do you think the ultra wide would be a better option for the long term? Im leaning that way too, but man $1300 for a monitor, seems a bit much.

Looks like a great build!!! Really love your choice on the Asus motherboard. The bios is fantastic and fan support awesome!!! The corsair fans tend to run to a little on the loud side, But if it was me I wouldn't mind. For the monitor, I would go with the Acer for the time being and upgrade to another one next year. You seam very undecided about 21:9 so i sugest that you go to your local computer store and look and maybe play with one in person before making the decision. Hope I was able to help  :D

I have checked out the LG ultra wide at my local micro center and it does seem impressive, just not sure if the x34 predator is worth that amount of cash. I have heard a lot of good things about the motherboard as well, although some of the MSI options seem attractive as well. Sabertooth doesn't offer much for aesthetics though lol. What case fans would you recommend that are a bit quieter than the ones I chose? I didn't do too much research on case fans...

I have checked out the LG ultra wide at my local micro center and it does seem impressive, just not sure if the x34 predator is worth that amount of cash. I have heard a lot of good things about the motherboard as well, although some of the MSI options seem attractive as well. Sabertooth doesn't offer much for aesthetics though lol. What case fans would you recommend that are a bit quieter than the ones I chose? I didn't do too much research on case fans...

I could bet the reason that its so expensive is because there is no one else that makes a g-sync ultra wide that is available on the market. I would go with the bitfenix fans if you want the lighting.

Personally I'd go for the predator, it's a bit of a premium but imo ultra-wide monitors improve immersion so much.

I hear a lot of people say that, but it almost seems almost too massive. I need to just try one out I guess. When I watched the LG ultra wide at my local micro center it was pretty dang awesome, but do you really even need the extra wide panels, is there much difference between ultra wide vs a bigger panel in general, like if you were to compare a regular 34" vs ultra wide 34", is the ultra wide really that much better?

I hear a lot of people say that, but it almost seems almost too massive. I need to just try one out I guess. When I watched the LG ultra wide at my local micro center it was pretty dang awesome, but do you really even need the extra wide panels, is there much difference between ultra wide vs a bigger panel in general, like if you were to compare a regular 34" vs ultra wide 34", is the ultra wide really that much better?

I think it is, I guess it comes down to your personal opinion. But me, being a student a gamer, the ultrawide just makes sense to me. Gives me a lot more screen real estate for work, aswell as giving me a wider field of view for gaming. I see it as a win/win.

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED