Tips for getting funding for your first PC

SNorman

If it is something your parents don't agree with, and money is tight. Then the responsible thing to do is to save your money for it, not attempt to persuade your parents that your Mac Mini is outdated. If you do save up for it you will appreciate the finished product much more then you would have if it was a gift.

Edit: I would also like to mention that your parents will probably respect your decision more if you work hard and save your money for it. This could lead to them changing their minds without you having to lie or persuade them in a way that could make them trust you less if they found out.

Lord of Helium.

I live in UK and built myself a budget PC, it cost me about £600 and that was cheeping out on some stuff, now the fact your not paying for it and cant "legally" work in the UK means you should take your time in getting it.... spend your 200 on a GPU/CPU or both then ask family members over time to get you different parts.... I know you want it all at once but until your paying for I think this is the best way to go

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

If it is something your parents don't agree with, and money is tight. Then the responsible thing to do is to save your money for it, not attempt to persuade your parents that your Mac Mini is outdated. If you do save up for it you will appreciate the finished product much more then you would have if it was a gift.

Edit: I would also like to mention that your parents will probably respect your decision more if you work hard and save your money for it. This could lead to them changing their minds without you having to lie or persuade them in a way that could make them trust you less if they found out.

My parents ( more my dad ) didnt let me do that when i had the money well over £ 1000 in my account and the only reason i needed there permission was to get the parts online since at the time my debit card only worked at cash machines. so even having the money they can be annoying to just be able to get the parts 

My parents ( more my dad ) didnt let me do that when i had the money well over £ 1000 in my account and the only reason i needed there permission was to get the parts online since at the time my debit card only worked at cash machines. so even having the money they can be annoying to just be able to get the parts 

That can be a barrier, but being straight forward with your parents vs lying will benefit you more. I can also understand parents that are hesitant to let their children spend that kind of money if the books are tight. 

Lord of Helium.

That can be a barrier, but being straight forward with your parents vs lying will benefit you more. I can also understand parents that are hesitant to let their children spend that kind of money if the books are tight. 

Not only that, but I'm 17 and while I've never built a PC before I have taken plenty apart and back together again with my parent's consent and they STILL worry that I won't be able to build a PC myself and don't want me to risk breaking anything expensive. That could be a reason too. They just don't want to trust the OP even if he can afford to get all the components. 

What are you looking to play on a new computer that the Mac mini can't?

I have a 14 year old son, too, and while he has "his own" money, I still have a lot of say in what he spends it on. I can empathize with your parents' point of view.

What are you looking to play on a new computer that the Mac mini can't?

I have a 14 year old son, too, and while he has "his own" money, I still have a lot of say in what he spends it on. I can empathize with your parents' point of view.

Arms 3, Heroes and Generals, Block N Load, Potentially GTA V. It's annoying as most of the games my friends play I can't